PDA

View Full Version : To the OZ members: hpw many of you are going to the National Rally in Canberra?

MarkD
03-20-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm just wondering how many of you will be there, I'm thinking of showing up to launch the EAT chips in Australia.

Mark

Phil Sanderson
03-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi Mark, I'll be there with our 540i, I hope to see you.
We usually get about 50-60 cars at any one time, sometimes more, and overall the weekend all the events will total out to about 500-600 people (total of all events).
The Motorsport day would be of interest to you on the Monday at Wakefield Park at Goulburn, not far from Canberra, when all the rev-heads congregate. Cars range from 2002's to E46's. On the track mainly E30, E36 and E46 - always a number of M3's.

Phil Sanderson
03-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Mark, just to bump this, I think there is a great market for your Chips in Australia

MarkD
03-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Mark, just to bump this, I think there is a great market for your Chips in Australia

Thanks Phil.
As I mentioned in that PM to you, flying over for the Nationals was something that I only thought of yesterday afternoon. I would have to scramble to update my passport, get reasonably priced tickets etc. in a very short time. My wife says I'm crazy to think of coming on such short notice. I should probably think this out a bit more but it seemed like a good idea yesterday. Plus since there is no vendor's area I don't know if I can actually sell enough chips to pay for the trip. which is important right now. If I don't make it for the Nationals I will try to come later and be properly organised for the trip. By then I should have dyno plots available also.

Mark

Phil Sanderson
03-21-2004, 09:06 AM
Chips in AUS are sadly lacking - let me know when you would like to make the trip 'downunder' - maybe I can help

Sheqel
03-21-2004, 05:21 PM
Hey Mark,

Most chips in Australia are VERY high in the price range. If you were able to sell EAT chips for under AUS$300 then you'd take a great slice of the market down here.
Just to clarify, the EAT chip will actually improve Aus-tuned engines also? Because our octane is different down here, our Premium Unleaded has a rating of up to 98octane.

Good luck with it.
Peace,
Ben

Stacy (Sydney)
03-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Good chance I'll be there. I've got a superchip fitted by BeeEms in Hornsby along with a service. If you're in Sydney and would like to test your chip in my car, with local fuel, you're welcome. ( 3 way comparo , EAT, superchip, vs factory ? ). I'm planning a trip to the USA, leaving either just before, or after, BM nationals. I will be in Oz up till 4th April.

MarkD
03-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Hey Mark,

Most chips in Australia are VERY high in the price range. If you were able to sell EAT chips for under AUS$300 then you'd take a great slice of the market down here.
Just to clarify, the EAT chip will actually improve Aus-tuned engines also? Because our octane is different down here, our Premium Unleaded has a rating of up to 98octane.

Good luck with it.
Peace,
Ben

Hello Ben,
Yes I have a few people who are testing out EAT chips right now in Australia with pretty good success.

What year/model of car do you have? My chips are tuned for 91 AKI (95 RON ) but I can make special versions for 98 RON also.

Mark

Sheqel
03-21-2004, 11:58 PM
I've got an '89 535iM. If you'd like me to test also, I'd be more than happy to. But you should know I'm 17 and my pockets are lined only with lint at the moment. Hehehe

Peace,
Ben

Trevor
03-22-2004, 06:01 AM
It would be good if you can make it over Mark.

Between myself, Geoff and David we should be able to find you some accomodation (free) for some of the time you are here.

The new chip is working out just fine. Taking a freeway trip tomorrow to give it a bit of a burn. Don't think I'll be putting the stock chip back.

Any further ideas on the stickers etc?