PDA

View Full Version : mufflers

duby55
03-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me if the rear muffler or the front muffler is the 1 used to keep the sound levels down or are both used to keep it quiet. My car has become very loud. I see these mufflers are quite expensive compared to what I paid for other cars I have owned. I like a little sound of power but this has become obnoxious

Bill R.
03-26-2006, 09:13 AM
resonator designed to block certain frequencies or resonances that would otherwise be annoying inside the car... the 2 work together hand in hand. There are aftermarket stock muffler and resonator replacements that are much more reasonably priced than the factory ones

Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me if the rear muffler or the front muffler is the 1 used to keep the sound levels down or are both used to keep it quiet. My car has become very loud. I see these mufflers are quite expensive compared to what I paid for other cars I have owned. I like a little sound of power but this has become obnoxious

Kobe Diesel
03-26-2006, 10:04 AM
If your exhaust has become louder, chances are that rust is eating away at the exhaust components making holes allowing the passage of exh gases out.
Inspect the piping, resonator and silencer for holes. There is a variety of exhaust packages available at low to high price ranges. I went with stainless steel BB Triflow cat back for $720 and couldnt be happier.