PDA

View Full Version : Retro fitting OBC (LOOMING MAD!!)

schematic
03-26-2006, 04:34 AM
OK so I've bought an OBC pulled the Dash apart only to find that I only have 3 wires going into my clock!! *~**""!!! on further delving I see the wiring loom that goes to the Radio seems a bit chunky and on closer inspection there are more wires going into the connector than coming out to the Radio I am now wondering if an additional Loom to supply the OBC actually plugs in here or am I barking mad!! answers on a post card only but seriously all those wires can't be for just the Radio can they???? anyone got any Diagrams I have an EPC but can't get it to run! Damm.

Paul in NZ
03-26-2006, 04:38 AM
i think you are in luck.Some one has done this very recently,and they were from the UK too

schematic
03-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Thanks for reply. I have been in contact with Him He was very helpful in giving me information as to how to fit output plug into OBC From what I've read it's OK if you have a bunch of wires going into your clock but if you have only 3 it can't be done! but I've a sneaky feeling if you trace back to the connector I mentioned I think another loom fits straight in to give you the aforementioned bunch of wires well that's what I'm Hoping anyway!
any other Ideas anyone?? or has someone done it already?

TWISM
03-26-2006, 05:51 AM
It CAN be done!

I did it in a E34 525tdsa Touring...

I don't know how you german is, but there is a PDF file on the german E34 site. www.e34.de .

On www.bmwe34.net also stands an article on how to do it.

Javier
03-26-2006, 08:13 AM
Retrofitting OBC to 520i (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=9656)

Javier