PDA

View Full Version : Bird droppings

Alpinewhite
03-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi,

What do you guys do for bird droppings?

1. Do you leave it on till the next wash?
2. Just it wipe it off with some water and cloth; and turn a blind eye on the swirls?
3. Do you have a method to clean it quick and at the same time make sure there is no scratching the clear? If yes please let me know, so that I will follow the same.

Thanks
Arun

632 Regal
03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
I dont have a clean up procedure but I do know that bird **** is highly acid and have seen what it can do to a paint surface. I get it off ASAP.

Alexlind123
03-26-2006, 02:47 AM
When this happened to me once, it was a small spot and i wiped it off with a cloth. It was a wet day though, and right on the edge of the fender. I certainly would NOT leave it on until the next wash, and i wouldnt just wipe it off if the car is dry. Im guessing that a hose would get it off safely and easily.

liquidtiger720
03-26-2006, 03:12 AM
I always have a QD/S&W and a clean microfiber in my trunk for these kind of situations. I take the Quick Detailer/spray and wipe and spritz it onto the bird poo, let it penetrate for ~30 seconds, then wipe/blob off the poo.

sKilled
03-26-2006, 04:43 AM
Benelli semi automatic shotgun - no one shits on my car. No one.

Qube
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
I use quick detailer and soft paper towel (bounty, etc). It will still 'swirl' a bit but if done lightly and right, then you'll be fine.

The best prevention is a good wax so everything just rinses off easily.

Evan
03-26-2006, 06:26 PM
remind me not to **** on your car. benelli makes some serious shotguns.

angrypancake
03-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Benelli semi automatic shotgun - no one shits on my car. No one.

they're beautiful. i'd love to toss my remington 20ga semi and get a benelli 12.

Russell
03-26-2006, 07:59 PM
I carry soda water as well. On the real tough deposits that have dried a bit, the carbonation in the soda water helps to lift off the deposits. Then use the detail spray and microfiber to finish. been helpful a couple of times when parked under trees with edible fruit.

On Roadfly's detail forum there is a great deal in the archives on this. They also recently had a tip on using diluted vinigar to help remove water borne cement deposits.

Keep your car waxed or sealed with high quality products. Mother's Reflections or Mother's Synwax are good over the counter products There are many other speciality products via mail order.

I always have a QD/S&W and a clean microfiber in my trunk for these kind of situations. I take the Quick Detailer/spray and wipe and spritz it onto the bird poo, let it penetrate for ~30 seconds, then wipe/blob off the poo.