PDA

View Full Version : I have been to BMW Mecca!

Johntee540
03-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Dropped my 94 - e34 540 off at KMS yesterday. What a great place. Met Whit. Saw the e34 M5 Touring they just rebuilt the 3.8 motor in (340hp) - talked to the guys. Cant wait for next week once they get done with the 6 speed Transmission conversion. any body want to buy a ZF5HP30 Auto transmission? It was newly remanufactured by Kirt Koeller last year and has 8k miles on it. Make an offer. Brett, Pete, and Whit are all pretty cool guys. I CAN'T WAIT! Its a 400 mile trip home to try it out! - JT

SharkmanBMW
03-25-2006, 01:55 PM
good for you dude, get your left foot ready for a workout!!!

MBXB
03-25-2006, 02:13 PM
JT,
You have a PM.

Scott H
03-25-2006, 02:34 PM
sounds like a fun swap to do yourself!

HAHAHAHA Enjoy standing on your head yet again Whit....HAHAHAHAH

Dropped my 94 - e34 540 off at KMS yesterday. What a great place. Met Whit. Saw the e34 M5 Touring they just rebuilt the 3.8 motor in (340hp) - talked to the guys. Cant wait for next week once they get done with the 6 speed Transmission conversion. any body want to buy a ZF5HP30 Auto transmission? It was newly remanufactured by Kirt Koeller last year and has 8k miles on it. Make an offer. Brett, Pete, and Whit are all pretty cool guys. I CAN'T WAIT! Its a 400 mile trip home to try it out! - JT

Evan
03-25-2006, 03:42 PM
John, I can pick your car up and drive it back to Reston for you ;)

Johntee540
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Scott - part of the key to enjoying this car is knowing when to "outsource" to the experts. I would no sooner attempt this than to run for political office! KMS Rocks! - JT

Kalevera
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks, John. It was great to meet you, as well. Your car has the best V1 concealed display install I've seen. I snapped a few pictures of everything apart before I took off yesterday -- can send them to you if you want them. Really an easy car to work on -- the people who installed the transmission knew what they were doing and antisiezed the cooler line fittings.

The only thing I noticed on your car is that the water pump is about to spit its bearings. It's generating enough noise to hear it above the exhaust. With all of the play in it, I'm surprised that it didn't fail on the way here. I'm sure Brett will have more to say about it on Monday.

best, whit

Johntee540
03-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Hmm- Guess I need a new Waterpump then! Thanks! - JT

Gayle
03-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Whit

Is that a new paint job you are sporting on Fritz? Or does the new sig pic just make it look different?

Kalevera
03-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi Gayle, no it isn't. Still vacillating on what to do about the paint, although I bought a hood and trunk lid for it. Our paintless dent guy said he'd go over the entire car for $100, and he works utter magic.

best, whit

genphreak
03-29-2006, 04:33 AM
Hi Gayle, no it isn't. Still vacillating on what to do about the paint, although I bought a hood and trunk lid for it. Our paintless dent guy said he'd go over the entire car for $100, and he works utter magic.best, whitAwww hell, I wish you guys were 400miles form us here in Oz, we really would have a good time, not just on track days. I think you'd have a few people on call for times when the workload is just too high for yall or some go off on holiday... I'd say regardless we'd be offering to work for free on Saturdays just to join in the fun... Good luck with the transplant JT- great move!

Johntee540
04-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I talked to Koala today - and the car is going to be ready tomorrow for pick-up. I think Brett is a little perturbed I am showing up at 9a in Cleveland to get it. But Frankly I cant wait and this flight out was the cheapest ticket I could get!

Its 400 Miles home in the car and one week till my driving school. What a happy treat for the old lady - what a super treat for me. I will let you all know how it works out. It will be a different car altogether. - JT

hakwuzhere
04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
I talked to Koala today - and the car is going to be ready tomorrow for pick-up. I think Brett is a little perturbed I am showing up at 9a in Cleveland to get it. But Frankly I cant wait and this flight out was the cheapest ticket I could get!

Its 400 Miles home in the car and one week till my driving school. What a happy treat for the old lady - what a super treat for me. I will let you all know how it works out. It will be a different car altogether. - JT

Hey! What driving school you going to?

Johntee540
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Its the Schatterbahn porsche club driving school at Summit Point West VA. They are a small Porsche club that doesnt always have enough members for a full compliement to do the Driving School on thier own. So they have extended an invitation to several of the Audi/BMW Club members to fill out the group. Cant wait! - JT

hakwuzhere
04-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Ahhh, darn, wish I had heard about it, I was at Summit last weekend for CCA HSS... I think Im addicted now....

Course, my brakes are a bit messed up after 100mph threshhold brake exercises :(

Johntee540
04-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Drove the new 6Speed home from Cleveland yesterday! 500 Miles and its like a completely different car. The front end is lighter - the car handles more lively - and I love having the control a manual gives you. God Bless Koala Motorsport.

If you ever want something like this done - go there. As an aside - while there I fell in love with one of his customers cars. it was a e34 M5 with a M Motorwerks v-12 he put in it. Awesome! - JT

angrypancake
04-07-2006, 07:27 AM
pictures!

CharlesAFerg
04-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Where is this shop?

Johntee540
04-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Novelty Ohio outside of Cleveland - way way way out in the Country!

dacoyote
04-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Novelty Ohio outside of Cleveland - way way way out in the Country!

Yeah..... it's a drive even if you are from the area.. much less if you aren;t... its what a good 15 miles off 422