PDA

View Full Version : Bill R re:Color Plus

mikey535im
03-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Bill, I recall you posted on the previous board about redoing your nephews seats using the colorplus products.A few questions:
Did you spray the dye on and if so can you fill me in on what type of equiptment you used and what pressure was used to spray the dye?
Do you still recommend the *colorplus product over others?
Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated,I hope to redo mine(bright silver) this warm season.
Thank you in advance , Mike

Bill R.
03-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Ihave run into in the past, I still think that the colorplus came out with a better match on color and i thought the customer service was better, the products themselves seemed about the same... My nephew and brother in law did most of the work on these seats pictured, I stood around and looked good mostly..They used an old craftsmen spray gun that we used for primer in the past.. Pretty old and well worn but it worked fine for this.
I don't remember the pressure used but it wasn't too high, they experimented until it came out the way that theyhttp://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/635seatfinished1.jpg wanted it.

Bill, I recall you posted on the previous board about redoing your nephews seats using the colorplus products.A few questions:
Did you spray the dye on and if so can you fill me in on what type of equiptment you used and what pressure was used to spray the dye?
Do you still recommend the *colorplus product over others?
Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated,I hope to redo mine(bright silver) this warm season.
Thank you in advance , Mike

bal3056
03-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Over here in Malaysia, we do the same thing. If the new leather upholstery is too damn costly, we then have it sprayed by a professional upholstery sprayer. Have tried it many times, but there are a few pointers here. If the leather is worn and hardened with cracks all over, spraying will not help. It will look good for a short time, and will start chipping soon enough. It will then look worst then before. However, if the leather is still supple/soft but faded/discoloured (as it happens here often due to the tropical heat), then spraying will definitely help in the long run.

H Mayer
Malaysia
89' E34 520i Auto