PDA

View Full Version : location of automatic tran dip stick???

robert
03-20-2004, 10:53 AM
looking for help in locating transmision fluid dip stick or top up point on gear box i can not locate...91 525i automatic
thanks in advance

Dick Schneiders
03-20-2004, 11:32 AM
However, it is possible that yours does not. The dipstick was eliminated sometime in 1991 and I have heard of some 1991's that do not have it. Although, I have also heard of a couple of 1992's that do - or at least that is what has been written.

It is located at the rear of the engine, on the driver's side. It is a long tube that comes from underneath the car and has a black round cap on it that has a raised arrowhead or triangle on the top. There is a trick to removing the dipstick. When I first got my car I didn't know what this was and was unable to figure out how to get the cap off. What you have to do is push the cap sideways towards the direction that the arrowhead is pointing. This releases the locking cap, and then you should be able to pull out the dipstick. This is also where you top off or refill the auto tranny fluid.

looking for help in locating transmision fluid dip stick or top up point on gear box i can not locate...91 525i automatic
thanks in advance

robert
03-23-2004, 06:02 PM
However, it is possible that yours does not. The dipstick was eliminated sometime in 1991 and I have heard of some 1991's that do not have it. Although, I have also heard of a couple of 1992's that do - or at least that is what has been written.

It is located at the rear of the engine, on the driver's side. It is a long tube that comes from underneath the car and has a black round cap on it that has a raised arrowhead or triangle on the top. There is a trick to removing the dipstick. When I first got my car I didn't know what this was and was unable to figure out how to get the cap off. What you have to do is push the cap sideways towards the direction that the arrowhead is pointing. This releases the locking cap, and then you should be able to pull out the dipstick. This is also where you top off or refill the auto tranny fluid.

thanks for advise will check it out :)

ryan roopnarine
03-23-2004, 06:32 PM
7/91 production 1992 525i has one.