PDA

View Full Version : ::.. The Halo / Angel rings around aftermarket projectors

Qube
03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Did a quick search but didn't find anything so...

It turns out that the ring is basically four...

http://www.topbulb.com/images/bulbs/194.jpg

at four ends of the lamp. It's basically because those bulbs are isolated outside the main lamp and because of the refraction etched that there is a 'ring'. If you look closely at the real lighted pics, you'll notice four 'brighter' spots on the ring. That's where they are.

Tomorrow I will be replacing them with lightly tinted bulbs to better match the white color of an actual OEM ring ;)

MTechnik540i
03-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Did a quick search but didn't find anything so...

It turns out that the ring is basically four...

http://www.topbulb.com/images/bulbs/194.jpg

at four ends of the lamp. It's basically because those bulbs are isolated outside the main lamp and because of the refraction etched that there is a 'ring'. If you look closely at the real lighted pics, you'll notice four 'brighter' spots on the ring. That's where they are.

Tomorrow I will be replacing them with lightly tinted bulbs to better match the white color of an actual OEM ring ;)

Why can't this fad just die already.

'Angel Eyes' are meant for cars that originally came with them.

City lights look more period correct in the first place, your car isn't from e39+ era...no need to make it look like it is.

ericcamaro
03-25-2006, 12:25 AM
then dont put em on your car. I say that they are cool on any car as long as its a bimmer. I hate seeing these on ricers, it makes me sad. What model headlights have the 4 bulb design? there depos right?

trumpetr
03-25-2006, 12:40 AM
No,,they dont look cool on any (every) bmw,,,,not on an e34. Its like floofy eyelashes on a whore. The front of an e34 is sexy as it is,,,,,,eyebrows on an e34 is like putting floofy eyelashes on a pretty woman---she would have looked better without them---with them, shes just another whore.

Qube
03-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Heh. All valid points. Looks are definitely objective... just look at the people around you :)

Anyway, just look at the real lighted pictures of the product you get. If you see four brighter spots, that's it. Otherwise look here...

Look for clues like a big bundle of wires plus individual bulb pots... or extra sets of wires around a single lamp... or ask them! :)

angrypancake
03-25-2006, 12:55 AM
yeah, but jesus some whores are reallllllllly hot. :p just playing devils advocate. there are some e34's that can pull it off. personally, Incantations car is awesome, he did a great job with his angel eyes. one of the main factors is people dont agree with the "full" halo. on e39's et al, the halo is not complete, therefore full imitations look tacky.

Evan
03-25-2006, 12:57 AM
i'm interested in how your headlight project turns out... how did you end up with two pairs of headlights anyway? heh

Jon K
03-25-2006, 01:59 AM
I hate euro lights and HIDs

MTechnik540i
03-25-2006, 07:17 PM
I hate euro lights and HIDs

Why's this?

http://imageevent.com/rstewart/light;jsessionid=6ypbfxt8g3.tiger_s?p=25&n=1&m=-1&c=2&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=9