PDA

View Full Version : OT like your German car?

632 Regal
03-24-2006, 09:06 AM
http://www.aldi.com/

this place is awesome.

anyone else hooked?

angrypancake
03-24-2006, 11:14 AM
aldi is a piece of **** food mart about 2 miles up the road from me where you dont go if you have cash (basically a food stamp early type place. i'm not knocking it, but thats what it is)

scott540
03-24-2006, 11:47 AM
ALDI is awsome. I like how they make you put a deposit in the machine to use a shopping cart and you have to bring your own bags. Typical german

632 Regal
03-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I like the idea that there are no carts in the lot to roll into my car, I found all the food to be great. I can get a full cart for 1/3 the cost of the local grocery stores.

ALDI is awsome. I like how they make you put a deposit in the machine to use a shopping cart and you have to bring your own bags. Typical german

Lennyz525i
03-24-2006, 01:04 PM
omg, Aldi has made it to the usa? I avoid aldi like the plague when I'm in europe. I do like the idea of having to return your cart though. To international people, in america we kick the carts all over the parking lot because we're too lazy to return them. On the bright side, it creates a job for someone who has to collect all the random, spread out carts and return them to the store.

mzarifkar
03-24-2006, 01:05 PM
when i loved in holland, all the grocery stores required a deposit on their carts, it was the mental equivilance of a dollar, which is high enough that you will bother putting the cart back

Dave M
03-24-2006, 01:20 PM
You don't need to travel to europe to drop a dollar in a shopping cart. Just visit Canada with an appetite.

Some are still lazy enough o leave their dollar and their cart stranded in the lot. These become prime targets, like being paid to shop.

Dave M

ryan roopnarine
03-24-2006, 01:25 PM
You don't need to travel to europe to drop a dollar in a shopping cart. Just visit Canada with an appetite.

Some are still lazy enough o leave their dollar and their cart stranded in the lot. These become prime targets, like being paid to shop.

Dave M

i always wondered why superstore/supercentre charged a loonie, and safeway didn't, though i wasn't that old at the time. the best things aren't shopping carts, though. i know that i'm an old man and all, but when someone in the mall fails to return their novelty kiddie strollers/buggies, i don't hesitate to return the damn things for the $2.50. 4 of them is $10. tax freeeee:D

dacoyote
03-24-2006, 01:27 PM
i always wondered why superstore/supercentre charged a loonie, and safeway didn't, though i wasn't that old at the time. the best things aren't shopping carts, though. i know that i'm an old man and all, but when someone in the mall fails to return their novelty kiddie strollers/buggies, i don't hesitate to return the damn things for the $2.50. 4 of them is $10. tax freeeee:D

Yeah... I do that... every at airports and the like.... fastest way to 10 bucks

KenB
03-24-2006, 04:35 PM
I wish all stores would do that with the stinking shopping carts. The ONLY dent on my car is from a shopping cart that some lazy **** let roll. I was coming out of the store and watched helplessly from too far away as it gained a head of steam going downhill in a 30mph wind and driving rain as it rammed into the right rear passenger door. I had just come from the state nazi inspection and failed for emissions by one point.

Nice day I was havin'...