PDA

View Full Version : Angel Eyes

tonytw34
03-24-2006, 04:30 AM
ok pick some peoples brains about angel eyes now i am getting some of these BUT i want to find some info on these other ones i have been told about they are angel eyes but they roll or some thing like that they have some ball that goes round and round when the light are on i have been offered a set but not sure about them as i cant find any info on them and also think they would look **** on my car if any one has any info on these please let me know
tony :) :D ;)

Rob
03-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Bru, if I got offered a set of those lights, I would natch those lights off him fast. I think they would look far from **** on a E34! If you don't want them, can I take them? lol

I actualy think it's a coil? that goes round the light and lights up?

tonytw34
03-24-2006, 04:35 AM
yeah i thought that two im in the uk and need to find out if they are road legal my car is in progress and will be finished in 2 weeks so need to decide about these lights
tony

Rob
03-24-2006, 04:45 AM
New BMW's have them, so yes they are. ;)

tonytw34
03-24-2006, 05:37 AM
yeah but these ones have like a roll round when the lights are on so they go round in circles when the side lights are on its like a ball going round the engel eyes when on
tony

Rob
03-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Hmm, haven't seen that one before? Any pics?

tonytw34
03-24-2006, 06:20 AM
no have not got any pics but they are out there as they are on a e34 that i have seen so where they came from i dont know but can not find any thing on the net any where
tony

Rob
03-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Looks like we'll have to wait until someone can answer this. Sorry, I thought you were on about the original BMW Angel Eye lights. I've seen those on an E34, damn, does it look sexy! :D

Rob
03-24-2006, 06:46 AM
Slightly off topice here. Where did you get your clear side indicators from? or did the car come like that?

tonytw34
03-24-2006, 06:52 AM
you can get the clear indicators from loads of places i have now got new ones which are cristal one check the link below
tony these look nice

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E34-Crystal-Clear-Indicators_W0QQitemZ8049161325QQcategoryZ14763QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Rob
03-24-2006, 07:26 AM
I prefer the look of your old ones, don't have 'em still do you?

BillionPa
03-24-2006, 07:39 AM
http://billionpa.justdied.com:82/images/Stuff/dde.jpg

pic of just after i installed projector xenon with dde, i love it!
that was like a year ago, there have been some more front end cosmetic adjustments that make them look even nicer

Rob
03-24-2006, 07:47 AM
How much dude, and where from!

BillionPa
03-24-2006, 07:55 AM
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_95&products_id=253

that is the model without xenon, which doesnt seem to be up at the moment.

they are manufactured by Depo, which also made the oem style clear indicators, and the HID ballasts are ProLumen.

the high beams suck donkey balls, but i really dont need to use them, the HID is really bright!!!

the web page and even the installation instructions dont tell you that quite a bit of wire splicing is involved in installing these, so i bought some 9006 connectors to give the installation an easy way out.

also you will get a low beam error message when driving with the lights on or off, unless you do some crazy wiring with relays and extra bulbs ( a year later im only halfway finished with the relay wiring ) but as soon as i figure out the RIGHT way to wire it i will post the diagram and lists of parts needed.

sKilled
03-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Nice, thanks. Will look forward to your wiring results too. Cheers and keep it up!

tonytw34
03-24-2006, 08:10 AM
How much dude, and where from!

i cant sell mine yet until i have got my angel eyes and i am in the uk
tony

Rob
03-24-2006, 08:17 AM
I was talking about those head lights. Were you talking about the indicators?

DanDombrowski
03-24-2006, 08:20 AM
wait, these come with the HIDs and ballasts? I was just looking at a kit on ebay the other day, and it seemed like they were all $275-325 for just the depo lights.

Considering I just found that one of my high beam lenses is cracked, I HAVE to get a new set of lights now, right? I mean, I don't have a choice....

I read through an article awhile back about getting rid of the low beam message, but didn't really take it to heart since I wasn't going to do it. What is holding you up? Time, wiring diagrams, or parts?

BillionPa
03-24-2006, 08:23 AM
the ones on umnitza do NOT come with HID, they did sell them that way when i bought them for about $600 or so. the clear corners were purchased separately for $30 (for the pair!)

quite a few HID kits should fit the low beams though.

tonytw34
03-24-2006, 08:25 AM
so no one has heard of these angel eye lights that rotate round when on i know they you can get them but where i dont know if not i will get normal angel eye lights but would like to find out about these other ones first so if any one knows of any sites let me know cheers tony

Rob
03-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Considering I just found that one of my high beam lenses is cracked, I HAVE to get a new set of lights now, right? I mean, I don't have a choice....

Sorry my old friend, you have no choice at all, none, zip! :D

Speeder 553
03-24-2006, 09:04 AM
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_95&products_id=253

that is the model without xenon, which doesnt seem to be up at the moment.

they are manufactured by Depo, which also made the oem style clear indicators, and the HID ballasts are ProLumen.

the high beams suck donkey balls, but i really dont need to use them, the HID is really bright!!!

the web page and even the installation instructions dont tell you that quite a bit of wire splicing is involved in installing these, so i bought some 9006 connectors to give the installation an easy way out.

also you will get a low beam error message when driving with the lights on or off, unless you do some crazy wiring with relays and extra bulbs ( a year later im only halfway finished with the relay wiring ) but as soon as i figure out the RIGHT way to wire it i will post the diagram and lists of parts needed.

They look really cool but sound like a real bitch to install "a year later I'm only halfway finished"??

BillionPa
03-24-2006, 09:49 AM
well, the installed in about a day, the half way finished thing is referring to a relay pack so i can draw power from the low beams for the angel eyes when the low beams are on, and draw power from the cig lighter hot line when the low beams are off.

in addition to fixing the low beam message when the lights are on, a pair of small bulbs wired to the low beam inside the engine bay would keep the low beam message from appearing when the lights are off

but wait, theres more! it would flash the outer angel eye with the turn signal, and allow you to turn the angel eyes on when the parking lights are on

so this is a fairly complicated wiring job, and im working on the brakes now and dont have time for it, but when im done, it will be awesome!

DanDombrowski
03-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, then I guess I'm just going to have to get them. Darn!

Thanks for the help though.

Incantation
03-24-2006, 12:24 PM
i'm not much of a grammar nazi but dude you need to use some punctuation in your post.. really hard for my brain to follow.

anyway.. the depo ones aren't angel eyes but they're the closest thing to em that we can get (other than putting ccfl into your stock lights). so if you use the depos, you will also need a couple of eyebrows and some shadowline tape and voila.. you have angel eyes:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/733000-733999/733738_58_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/733000-733999/733738_69_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/733000-733999/733738_67_full.jpg

Incantation
03-24-2006, 12:30 PM
dude i don't know why you're having such a difficult time wiring em.. this was one of the easiest jobs i could imagine

BillionPa
03-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Sorry for the grammar, i type like i speak, run-on.

The complication arises from the fact that the LKM (lighting control module) doesnt like HID ballasts.
The LKM sends a signal to the low beams when they are off to check the bulb filaments.
The HID ballasts look like burnt out bulbs to the LKM when they are off.
The other problem is that when they are on, they are using 20W less power than standard bulbs and once again, look to the LKM as a burnt out bulb.

The wiring I'm proposing would let the DDE (angel eyes) draw their power from the low beams so the LKM doesnt think a bulb is burnt.
When the low beams are off the DDE would draw its power from the hot wire of the cigarette lighter socket.

It would also let me use the DDE when the sidemarkers and low beams are OFF, and let me disable the DDE when the low beams are on (if i so desired) from inside the cabin.

-------

My interim wiring solution has a relay double loop wired through the cig lighter fuse socket, and a switch INSIDE the ligher socket itself.
The wiring didnt take long at all, the hard part was actually getting the old lights out of the car.

It turns out that the front grill (the steel part) had a screw holding it to the frame of the car, a screw that was NOT supposed to be there. I had to rip it out and buy a new one!

Those clips you need a screwdriver to push down on were also a real bitch. I ended up not installing them with the new lights, so I can get the grill off in about 20s with NO TOOLS!

Incantation
03-25-2006, 04:49 PM
that sounds like something i would rather not get myself into (complicated), but if you can pull it off.. go for it. i'd like to see the final results.. :)