PDA

View Full Version : it's two weeks since i installed my e.a.t. chip in the 540i/a

tim s
03-20-2004, 01:04 AM
it has smoothed out the flat spots in the power band, the car accelerates quicker, & uses less fuel. i went from 10.5 to 13.9 m.p.g. around town. a great improvement i appreciate since most of my driving is short trips. it is most definitly an improvement over the stock chip.

thanks again mark for the great chip upgrade!!!

tim s.
1995 540i/a
1987 325e

Marshy
03-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Egads.... you were getting 10.5mpg around town? I don't think I've ever got less than about 18 around town, and even though US and UK gallons are slightly different, that's still one helluva difference...

jplacson
03-20-2004, 09:02 PM
I think it's not very accurate to do 'city' consumption estimates since traffic and driving habits differ from person to person.

I get about 10-12mpg here in the Philippines with my little 520i. But then, most people with 1.6liter 4 cylinder econo Hondas and Toyotas don't go over 16mpg either. Ford Expeditions average about 8mpg around the city here.

Our 'highway' driving is about the same as your city driving...traffic-wise anyway. You rarely get to cruise longer than 2 min before you have to change speeds for one reason or another (slow car, pot hole, etc)

Until I really asked around at what other people were getting here, I thought there was something wrong with my car. (running rich or something)

tim s
03-20-2004, 10:46 PM
I think it's not very accurate to do 'city' consumption estimates since traffic and driving habits differ from person to person.

I get about 10-12mpg here in the Philippines with my little 520i. But then, most people with 1.6liter 4 cylinder econo Hondas and Toyotas don't go over 16mpg either. Ford Expeditions average about 8mpg around the city here.

Our 'highway' driving is about the same as your city driving...traffic-wise anyway. You rarely get to cruise longer than 2 min before you have to change speeds for one reason or another (slow car, pot hole, etc)

Until I really asked around at what other people were getting here, I thought there was something wrong with my car. (running rich or something)