PDA

View Full Version : Help with flashing SRS light on 92 525i

beemer2002
03-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I recently had my dash bulbs replaced at the local import service shop. Afterwards, the SRS light was and still is flashing. They have the service light reset tool, and looked for the correct tool and they tell me I need to go to a BMW dealership, which is 250 miles away to have it reset. They explained that when the airbag was disabled to replace the bulbs, it needed to be reset and only authorized BMW repair shops can reset. Does anyone know of a work around so I have functional airbags without a roadtrip? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Kalevera
03-22-2006, 10:10 PM
If the light wasn't on prior to the service work, the tech either disconnected the battery and didn't ground out the two leads/or wait enough time to remove any lingering capacitive charge in the system. That, or they didn't disconnect the battery at all (!)

Assuming nothing's wrong with the system itself, the light can be reset with a peake tool, an autologic, any of the more recent MoDICs/a GT1, and I seem to remember Winfred saying that the snapon MT2500 will do it (maybe not, but the modis should). There's a big difference between the "service light reset tool" (if they're even using one) and something that'd be used to reset the SRS -- you can use a paper clip to reset the service lights.

So, did they install the right bulbs, after all of this? ETK is typically incorrect on the various applications.

Do a search on the subject, discussed all the time, ergo plenty to read.

best, whit

joshua43214
03-22-2006, 10:49 PM
I hate to crap on fellow tech's, but, if they broke it, they fix it. free