PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable fog lights ?

BMWDriver
03-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Are our foglights adjustable ? I get the impression they are not after having changed a bulb. Are they useful or mostly decorative ? I've not had to use them yet in foggy conditions.

Have any of you any mods to show in this regard, regardless of functionnality ?

angrypancake
03-21-2006, 11:36 PM
adjustable? i dont know...function? they dont help you see better in foggy situations, they actually help you be seen by other people. i learned that in my defensive driving class a couple weeks ago. took it to lower the insurance, and that very same night got a $650 speeding ticket. ****.

632 Regal
03-21-2006, 11:54 PM
fill a brotha in!
and that very same night got a $650 speeding ticket. ****.

angrypancake
03-22-2006, 12:05 AM
70 in a 35 in a construction zone, therefore the fine (300 dollars) is doubled, and then some ******** 50 dollar charge. ******** on so many reasons, esp the one where the cop said he had been following me for a mile to gauge my speed (no radar used). in that stupid class they said check your mirrors every 3-5 seconds, and i was lost outside of Boston, so hey why not i was checking. it was 1am, and he was a total M*******. Maybe if I'd said that the Red Sucks rock my world he woulda let me off. sigh.

Alexlind123
03-22-2006, 12:48 AM
The foglights do illuminate the sides of the road alot more and allow for more close-up lighting. As for being effective in fog (for sight) you would probably need more focused lenses/reflectors. They do add alot of safety in foggy conditions though. Also, they are adjustable but since they are flood lights more than anything the aim doesnt matter much.

If the cop didnt clock you, its his word and judgement against yours. Not much of a case.

Paul in NZ
03-22-2006, 04:41 AM
if you have ever driven in fog you would know that fog lights are better than normal headlights in foggy situations.I am not talkin about reallyheavy fog.They illuminate the road esp the shoulder and they dont reflect back at you so much ie the relection is below your sight line.In foggy situations leave the fogs on and have the headlights off.

bahnstormer
03-22-2006, 11:22 AM
yes they are adjustable there is a screw in the front that will aim
them

Alexlind123
03-22-2006, 02:55 PM
Umm...my foglights dont have a screw in the front, the are just mounted on an axis attatched to a bracket. You can loosen the bracket and then tighten it wherever you want it aimed.

ron525
03-22-2006, 05:15 PM
the headlights. There is only one that adjusts the beam up and down.

nk530
03-22-2006, 05:28 PM
if you have ever driven in fog you would know that fog lights are better than normal headlights in foggy situations.I am not talkin about reallyheavy fog.They illuminate the road esp the shoulder and they dont reflect back at you so much ie the relection is below your sight line.In foggy situations leave the fogs on and have the headlights off.

question for you, paul. how'd you get your high beams on at the same time as your fog lights? mine are interlocked.

Qube
03-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Have projector fogs and they are adjustable vertically only.

632 Regal
03-23-2006, 12:31 AM
NZ is allowed 6 front lights where it is illegal in usa and canadia. difft LKM's I think.

632 Regal
03-23-2006, 12:33 AM
the regular fogs dont have an adjustment ( mine didnt) the aftermarket ellipsoids do, which isnt much of an adjustment at all, I ground the limiter too much and have a lot of light now. Rarly get flashed and when I do I flash the brights which can burn a hole in Bambi's eyes.

Paul in NZ
03-23-2006, 04:57 AM
question for you, paul. how'd you get your high beams on at the same time as your fog lights? mine are interlocked.

mine arent