PDA

View Full Version : m5 in canada

angrypancake
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM
someone should jump on this, love the seats. says he's getting a new trans, that's kinda suspect, but still looks damn good.

black on black/cloth (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M-Series-BMW-M5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6131QQitemZ462415371 6QQrdZ1)

zygoteer
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
His statement of "315hp and will go 300kph" (186 mph) on a car of this weight, frontal area and drag coefficent is a little hilarious, even downhill - or maybe he just means the speedometer shows that ?

However, it is interesting and reassuring that EBay apparently validate VIN numbers in adverts - I had no idea they did that !
The stated true VIN seems to have a confusing check digit, but maybe its my calculation thats at fault.
Hmm .. looking at it again some othere digits seem odd too.
oh well

Evan
03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
That car is a beauty but the seller doesn't seem to be forthright. The HP and speed claims are exaggerated and he is rude to a couple of people who contacted him to ask questions.

Why would he exaggerate... how did the tranny really get fried... why is he rude to potential buyers... and why does he actullay POST the rude responses he sends to people!

Kalevera
03-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Quite common for the Getrag 280 to need a rebuild. Seems that, even with the extra gearing, it's not enough.

best, whit

Elekta
03-21-2006, 09:58 PM
I wonder what the importing fees would be like if it came over in parts? All I'd want from that would be the engine, motronics, suspension, interior, dash and guage package, brakes, and even the tranny/diff/drive shaft. Ebay the rest, with the leftovers from my 3.0 v8.

Maybe zaraska could break it up and send it over in pieces? What's the price ya think.

Cheaper than buying a teenage wrecked M3 for the S52? Hard to tell.