PDA

View Full Version : Picture of ride

JustinM
03-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Can some explain how to post an image from my desktop to an attachment on anew thread...I like to show you guys my ride...Sorry i'm a little new to the whole forum and posting a pic is tricky

Dirty.Deeds
03-19-2004, 07:46 PM
I don't know how to do it but Deke posted some pics of my car for me.If you find out can you email me at Dirty.deeds@talk21.com :D

JustinM
03-19-2004, 07:53 PM
someone eventually has to know how to do this...i don't understand how to do it with a url..I can do it in an email but that is easy ....

talltorontoguy
03-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Can some explain how to post an image from my desktop to an attachment on anew thread...I like to show you guys my ride...Sorry i'm a little new to the whole forum and posting a pic is tricky

Here's how to attach files (including pictures) to your post.

1. Click on create new thread, reply, or quick reply

2. Scroll down below the text editing window to "additional options" section.

3. Click on button titled "manage attachments". An upload management window will appear

4. Click on "browse" button. A window will appear. Navigate to the directory where the attachment to be uploaded resides on your computer.

5. Double click on the picture to select it. Alternatively click once on the file name and subsequently on the "open" button in the bottom right corner. The path and name of the file selected should show up in the space to the left of the browse button.

6. Make sure your picture conforms to board's rules of type (bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip) and size (presently maximum 39kb).

[You can resize pictures to be smaller in windows, or "zip" files using the free winzip program (www.winzip.com) to make other types smaller]

7. Confirm you've selected the right attachment (not the pic from the time you had one too many and the boys used lipstick to..... )

8. Click on upload and wait a few seconds (depending on connection speed). A section will appear beneath the "browse" button titled "current attachments". Your file name should be in that list.

9. To add additional files, click on the browse button again without exiting the window. Follow steps 5 through 7.

10. To remove a file from the list, click on remove button next to the file name.

11. When satisfied, click on "Close this window", the window disappears.

12. Now in the "attach files" section of "additional options" you will see your file name noted as being ready to send along with your post. You can still remove or add by clicking on "manage attachments" and following steps 5 through 10.

13. Make sure you have a subject and a body in your message post.

14. Clicking on "preview post" DOES NOT show the file as it would appear in your posting. (i.e. it is not shown in preview)

15. Click on submit reply.

16. Open a beer, sit back and admire your handywork.

Rod
talltorontoguy
92 535i 5 Spd w/Ultrachip

Paul in NZ
03-19-2004, 10:07 PM
you cant use the "quick reply" box(well you can when you know how)click on the post reply button at the bottom of the laast message and a reply box with a few more buttons appears
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/images/editor/bold.gifhttp://www.bimmer.info/forum/images/editor/italic.gifhttp://www.bimmer.info/forum/images/editor/underline.gifhttp://www.bimmer.info/forum/images/editor/justifyleft.gif to show a few.....

You need to click on http://www.bimmer.info/forum/images/editor/insertimage.gif this button
The boards own equivalent of HTML appears int he form of
you then type or paste in the URL of the picture,which is easliy obtained by clicking the right mouse button on the picture and clicking the properties option.The url of the pic can then be copied and pasted into the massage.You can then click the close current tag button on the top right or simply type.Test your handiwork by previewing your post. Go to the testing area and have a play with all the buttons :D

632 Regal
03-20-2004, 02:18 AM
uhh....dont you have to have the pic hosted on the web? You cant just copy paste it on here ...can you?

632 Regal
03-20-2004, 02:20 AM
hmm

warton
03-20-2004, 02:22 AM
uhh....dont you have to have the pic hosted on the web? You cant just copy paste it on here ...can you?

You can. Ed's server uploads the image file from your system, which is effectively "hosting it" on an internet site... the only problem your image size is limited to ~40KB (IIRC), and it doesn't (can't I'll wager) check file size until after the upload attempt.

Peter

632 Regal
03-20-2004, 02:31 AM
You can. Ed's server uploads the image file from your system, which is effectively "hosting it" on an internet site... the only problem your image size is limited to ~40KB (IIRC), and it doesn't (can't I'll wager) check file size until after the upload attempt.

Peter

632 Regal
03-20-2004, 02:32 AM
damn shes still sweet even tho shes all small now.

Paul in NZ
03-20-2004, 02:42 AM
i run windows 98 and i think some other image program has made itself the default program.....I cant seem to find a utility to downsize my pics

Ken from Guam
03-20-2004, 07:14 AM
i run windows 98 and i think some other image program has made itself the default program.....I cant seem to find a utility to downsize my pics

somebody tells you how to do it..i need to downsize my pics too thanks