PDA

View Full Version : The nicest bimmer on the 'bay

SharkmanBMW
03-20-2006, 08:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isetta_W0QQitemZ4622049490QQcategoryZ6056QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Kobe Diesel
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
This is funny, my father and I were shooting sh*t about BMWs, and he was talking about the history of the company, and he told me about this exact car - a deathtrap, as he described, with motorcycle engine. He remembers these from his childhood in Europe.

632 Regal
03-20-2006, 08:55 PM
pops a dent and some meguires wax is all it needs... im bidding now.

E34 530
03-20-2006, 08:58 PM
I wonder if Erkels' included.

Traian
03-20-2006, 11:03 PM
That one must come with the 600 big-bore kit. I think Isettas are originally 300s no?

angrypancake
03-20-2006, 11:13 PM
it would be sweet to have one of those in the garage for the weekends and summer days

genphreak
03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isetta_W0QQitemZ4622049490QQcategoryZ6056QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItemHahahaha, I love the line "This particular 600 has the smaller Euro style headlights that were un-common in the U.S." Gee, how many of these were even sold in the U.S? And that bit about the floor not being completeley gone (but i haven't pulled the carpet up) when it has perforation rust everywhere else. Make no mistake on this one fellas, it needs a new floorpan and some new panels, IF the frame and roof can be resurrected... I guess it is all possible, but ooosh there is a lot of work in that.

I never knew BMW made such big superchargers- that thing is a good 280mm in diameter! Wow, all that for a 2 cylinder... it must be running 50lbs of boost... ooooooo that's a lot! :D Jon you better put this on blown euroz when it is restored to its former condition...

Now I can see where the designers of the M-cars drew their first inspirations; this has all the makings clearly in abundance, all round coils and independent suspension, battery under the rear seat, an aeronautical grade massive blower on the motor, modern aerodynamic design... the list goes on, including frameless windows! Well now, exactly how long did it take for Subaru to copy that? :D

On top of styling, they even took function and form leap with the forward opening front door! Ouch, how the French must have been pissed when they saw the Germans beat them to that sure-fire winner...!!!!

Though I guess when they made it they were really just trying to workout how to make a Messurschmidt drive on a public road and sell to the masses... Timeless old classic ;)

Still I like the idea that you can open the front door to eject out once careering backwards down the road after a blowout (or some well-aimed enemy fire...) ROFLs!