PDA

View Full Version : Whats the knocking noise when i turn left? plz help me :(

oleh
03-20-2006, 06:08 PM
When i turn left sometimes i hear some knocking noise it sounds like its coming from passanger side front or back not sure, after when i go strait it knocks for awhile reducing the knocking and then stops what can that be please help me out!

Its mostly hepeneds when i do sharp turns.:(

Kobe Diesel
03-20-2006, 06:19 PM
bad wheel bearing, or bad CV joint.

DanDombrowski
03-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Normally, I would be way off base with a suggestion like this, but considering your other post is regarding low oil pressure, you might be starving the engine for oil.

Scott H
03-21-2006, 12:58 AM
sounds like bad cv-joint on a rear half shaft.....

bad wheel bearing, or bad CV joint.

ThoreauHD
03-21-2006, 01:48 AM
Knocking, as in engine knocking, or popping, as in your cv joint is about the break off and throw your tire across the road? Please discern the difference if you can.

oleh
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
noo i know its not engine its probably a cv joint at the back when i turn left and the car leans to the left when it lifts the back alittle it starts popping. but when i stop turning go strait, it goes away slowly reducing the noise. i checked cv boots they are not cracked.

ThoreauHD
03-21-2006, 04:57 PM
The cv joint sounds broken. Find a good honest shop, not a dealer, to replace it. It takes a bit of work and it's dirty as hell to complete it properly.

And did you know that you don't use punctuation in your sentences? Instant Messenger is bad for you, Mmmkaaay...