PDA

View Full Version : The e34 meet will be published in the Roundel!!!

Brandon J
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
From Jr's post in the thread above:

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif "This just in......
NEWSFLASH....dateline March 20th 2006, 4:22pm

We have the blessing of Satch Carlson with the Roundel to cover the event.

IT WILL BE A PUBLISHED EVENT IN THE ROUNDEL!!!!

DON'T miss the opportunity to be a part of BMW history in the making.

Special Thanks to all involved in making it happen in the first place goes to....

BRANDON J. and his accomplices, plus his dear mother...
SCOTT H. (tech savy certified BMW *******) :p
ED M. (without ed's board, this could not happen)
KRIS (DV M5) (one of the nicest people I've ever met)

Here's your chance to meet some of the folks that "make it happen"...

SO REGISTER HERE...http://www.bimmer.info/~events/ and make plans to attend the event!

See you there!
Jr"
-----------------------

I wanted to add Mike Maravilla who helped design the website.

Jr ///M5
03-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Yes of course, THANKS Mike M. an excellent job indeed!!!!

Jr ///M5
03-20-2006, 06:36 PM
and how could I forget....

BMA Autoparts has graciously donated a couple of gift certificates to be used in a raffle at the meet.

I couldn't possibly leave out one of the major cogs in the wheel like Patrick and Yves Bright, who have supplied us with the parts for years, and hopefully, for years to come. Thanks guys for your support.

Jr

Scott H
03-20-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm offended by the comment that I'm tech savvy. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'll give you the rest though.

SCOTT H. (tech savy certified BMW *******) :p

Dave M
03-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Hmmmm, Thunder Bay to Chicago. I'll have to think about that, assuming Canadians are welcome ;)

Dave M

angrypancake
03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
i thought scott was the certified ass hat?

E34 530
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Hmmmm, Thunder Bay to Chicago. I'll have to think about that, assuming Canadians are welcome ;)

Dave M

Your not you maple syrup makin bastards..............j/k Canada is sick as hell ;) If you go, I'd love to see your fresh new engine. I've been following your engine saga for quite awhile now.

Jr ///M5
03-20-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm offended by the comment that I'm tech savvy. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'll give you the rest though.

I've seen you figure out how to replace the wiring harness in the back of the wagon, pin out each wire and solder up the results. Not to mention rebuilding the 535 engine, and every seal and bushing on the drivetrain. All with only a pair of channel-locks...;) And what about "Chicago, home of the 3 hour suspension swap"....;)

Our Australian brothers, Quentin and Geoff, used to say that "bastard" was a term of endearment, however, a "bit of a bastard" was just the opposite.

In our Midwestern term of endearment, the term "*******" fits you just fine.:D Just ask Jill....:D

Your ******* friend,
Jr
(maybe we should shorten it up for the censors...asso)

Scott H
03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure I've proven I can build an engine yet.....lol

....... Not to mention rebuilding the 535 engine ....

Brandon J
03-20-2006, 10:03 PM

Dave M

Of course Canadians are welcome! Maybe you can caravan with the other 2 that already registered. Then, when you get here, maybe you can teach Scott how to build an engine. I at least know that the oil pan will be on there well....that's b/c I did the pan and it didn't leak at all. That asso Scott. :p

Dave M
03-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Your not you maple syrup makin bastards..............j/k Canada is sick as hell ;) If you go, I'd love to see your fresh new engine. I've been following your engine saga for quite awhile now.

I'm more of a happy lumberjack in womans underpants. If the e34 makes it all the way, I'd be glad to show off the engine work.

"Quite a while" is right, feels like its taken all f'in winter... cuz it has. In fact, just got in from installing the intake etc. Spent a few hours under the rear end cleaning up some minor rust.

Now to think of when to break the news to my wife. South Carolina in May, Chicago in June........

Dave M

Jr ///M5
03-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey Dave, you want us asso's to tell her for you???:D

Com'n down!!!

Phatty5BMW
03-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Well I am very happy to go, but I bet i have the worst e34 showing up. I haven't had the $$ to get stuff done but im tryin!!!!

Pat

Brandon J
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Well I am very happy to go, but I bet i have the worst e34 showing up. I haven't had the $$ to get stuff done but im tryin!!!!

Pat

That is still okay. I have some rust on the bottom of my doors. I am not sure if I can get to them in time for the meet. However, the group photo will mostly show the front of the car. See you there.

DaCan23
03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
Is someone from Roundel gonna come to the event, or will Scott H be writing the story, which will be filled w/ accounting & tax jargon and put ya to sleep...

Brandon J
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Is someone from Roundel gonna come to the event, or will Scott H be writing the story, which will be filled w/ accounting & tax jargon and put ya to sleep...

Imagine Scott writing the article, wow that asso. lol Jr is going to write the article. All he really needs to do is submit a picture of his car and that is worth a thousand words there. Enough said, haha.

Scott H
03-21-2006, 03:53 PM
F U buddy

DaCan23
03-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Hey I was just posting what the thread was all about...

The e34 meet will be published in the Roundel!!! (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=145681#post145681) in Swaheali that means knock on Scott thread...

F U buddy

granit_silber
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
According to Mapquest

Winston-Salem to Chicago
761.11 miles
12 hours 12 minutes

hmmmm....

Can I bring my e34 with the sun tattered, fabric fallin' off C-pillars?

-ashley

DaCan23
03-21-2006, 04:29 PM
I think the introduction would go something like this..... June 10th will go down into history along side the memorable tax code changes Ronald Reagan passed on Oct 22, 1986. June 10th made its mark on the BMW world with the greatest E34 meet ever, just like the mark left on the accounting world by FASB 106. While most of the BMWs 5-series present at the meet had their steering wheel on the left side like debits, there was one unmodified Euro E34 with its wheel on the right like credits.....

Imagine Scott writing the article, wow that asso. lol Jr is going to write the article. All he really needs to do is submit a picture of his car and that is worth a thousand words there. Enough said, haha.

dacoyote
03-21-2006, 05:47 PM
I think the introduction would go something like this..... June 10th will go down into history along side the memorable tax code changes Ronald Reagan passed on Oct 22, 1986. June 10th made its mark on the BMW world with the greatest E34 meet ever, just like the mark left on the accounting world by FASB 106. While most of the BMWs 5-series present at the meet had their steering wheel on the left side like debits, there was one unmodified Euro E34 with its wheel on the right like credits.....

LOL

Brandon J
03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
According to Mapquest

Winston-Salem to Chicago
761.11 miles
12 hours 12 minutes

hmmmm....

Can I bring my e34 with the sun tattered, fabric fallin' off C-pillars?

-ashley

Oh yeah!!!! The groups pics won't catch that at all. You should ask anyone who has good C-pillars and have them bring it to the meet. Then just snap them in place.

Phatty5BMW
03-23-2006, 12:07 AM
The front of my car looks damn sexy if ya ask me :) I just washed and waxed my car today and went and took it for a nice ride out in the country stopped and took some pics. Well turns out my digi didnt end up saving the pics why i dont know, oh well. I will try again maybe tomarrow and post some pics. I hope to get alot of stuff done before the meet!!!!

Pat