PDA

View Full Version : Starter wiring question

bjl4776
03-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I am currently in the process of wiring megasquirt standalone into my car. I took the stock harness out completely and I was trying to wire my starter. The way the diagram shows it there is a big cable from the junction point to the starter solenoid, and then from the same terminal on the starter solenoid to the alternator. Then there is the start wire from the ignition switch/EWS/whatever to one of the small terminals on the solenoid. There is a second small terminal, what is it for? Well my battery is dead as it has been sitting for awhile and deep discharged many times. I have a charger hooked up to it but it can only do so much. When i try to start the car with it wired correctly it clicks and thats it. Well i didnt know if it was wired right so I took of the start wire and ran the acc 2 (run) wire to the solenoid and it turns over, althoug extremely sluggish because of the battery. The run wire is thicker, do you think that the extra resistance of the wire could cause it not to turn over with this underchared battery or am i looking for something else