PDA

View Full Version : Question about oil filter housing... give insight

Jon K
03-19-2006, 07:07 PM
http://www.blowneuroz.com/oilfilterhousing.jpg

I can't remember, and I am at school currently, but what does that red outline bolt do? I can't remember if it's fastening the oil filter housing to the block or if its a plug for VANOS. Where would a vanos bolt go if this were an M50TU filter housing? Trying to see if I can utilize something on the filter housing for oil to blower.

Dave M
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
8mm fastening bolt. There are six fasteners for the housing, that is one of the two loooong ones. Not a vanos user, so can't answer the second part.

Dave M

E34 530
03-19-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll agree with Dave because of its immediate proximity to the lower oil cannister housing.

Martin in Bellevue
03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Is that an oil pressure sensor to the immediate right of the outlined bolt? T that bad boy for an oil feed.

winfred
03-19-2006, 07:49 PM
vanos cars have the port on the back of the housing (right side in the pic) for the servo, it's pretty big 17 or 19mm head on the banjo bolt, scoring a of housing from a vanos car would do the trick if you didnt want to T the op switch or if your housing doesn't have a plug screwed into it

632 Regal
03-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Tie an oil feed to the blower to the oil pressure sensor, dont know where to run it back though.

Jon K
03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Tie an oil feed to the blower to the oil pressure sensor, dont know where to run it back though.

Running back goes to the oil pan.

Winfred, I see the area you're talking about for vanos line. Could I drill and tap there since I don't have that by default?

winfred
03-19-2006, 08:50 PM
i don't see why not just besure where you are drilling before you destroy a housing by drilling into a bad area as i've not tryed this and don't know if they change internally, disclamer disclamer disclamer blah blah blah blah....

Winfred, I see the area you're talking about for vanos line. Could I drill and tap there since I don't have that by default?