PDA

View Full Version : Valve Adjustment Order

athflying79
03-19-2006, 12:06 PM
The only reason for the adjusting order in the Bentley is because that is what requires the least amount of manual turning correct?? To clarify, I made me up a remote starter and figured it would be easiest to just go from front to back and not worry about what cylinder I'm doing.

joshua43214
03-19-2006, 12:48 PM
you are more or less correct, I have always adjusted the valves in cylinder order instead of firing order since my poor dyslexic mind gets confused. If you want to be technical about it, each cylinder is supposed to be at TDC of its compression stroke since the rocker shaft can flex differently on its exhaust stroke.

Kalevera
03-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Much easier to just follow the TDC order.

1-5-3-6-2-4

Requires less firing of the starter and less wasted time.

best, whit

Bill R.
03-19-2006, 01:21 PM
back cylinder ,123456. Its easier for me to keep track of where i'm at. I just look at the camshaft heel on each valve to adjust. You don't have to see the dist rotor or the crank pulley, you can tell by watching the cam lobes when your in the right place for each cylinder.

The only reason for the adjusting order in the Bentley is because that is what requires the least amount of manual turning correct?? To clarify, I made me up a remote starter and figured it would be easiest to just go from front to back and not worry about what cylinder I'm doing.