PDA

View Full Version : My Haunted 5'er

ericbendler
03-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Well. I either have a ghost under my hood, or my LKM is going bad in the all the wrong places.

I have had a front right parking light that has not fired right since I switched to the clear corner lenses. I thought I could live with it as (obviously) my repair shop wants $350+ to replace the LKM.

Now to it. My brake lights won't go out! I turn the car on.....the brake lights come on and stay on.

My LKM? I read up on the forum and when it talks about the LKM, it only mentions the fog lights and headlights.

I am a little hesitant to get into the LKM and start soldering away unless I know that is the problem.....(I'm much more of a wrench turning suspension man). Should I just replace the unit with one of the ones on eBay for +130.

Merrr....Maybe it's the relays? I don't have a spec sheet for what relays do what in my 91 e34.

All help is appreciated fellas

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2153706

On a side note. I am loosing my faith in mechanics. They take every chance they get to &%#@ you. Especially if your a girl.

Evan
03-19-2006, 11:00 AM
if you think mechanics are expensive, you should try taking you car to a Paranormal Scientist.

Rus
03-19-2006, 11:05 AM
Perhaps the brake light switch by the pedal is broken? The brake lights only function when the ignition is on. If you brake light switch is stuck, the lights will illuminate immediately upon turning the key. Just my $.02