PDA

View Full Version : OBV IV retrofit

iainand
03-18-2006, 03:36 PM
yeeha, today i completed the retro fit of OBC to my non OBC equiped 1993 525TDS.

all wiring was there, just had to change 1 wire slightly to give 12v, plugged it in, got the dreaded 'PPPP'. Today i soldered a new coding plug into the back of the OBC, fired it up, no 'PPPP' but a dim display, all the illumination bulbs blown, replaced them and all is well.

I also added the indicator switch with OBC control and the 'bong'. When i connected the bong i could only find 1 connector with 4 pins, plugged it in an hoped for the best!!

Well today all works well except the bong, which makes no noise at all, and my temp display showing -37 all the time - thats tomorrows project, i have the temp sensor fitted just need to wire it up now.

regards the bong, any ideas how to get it working??

many thanks

pundit
03-18-2006, 04:39 PM
... When i connected the bong i could only find 1 connector with 4 pins, plugged it in an hoped for the best!!
Hmmm an electronic bong. That's new!

..regards the bong, any ideas how to get it working??
Maybe the batteries are run down.
Otherwise try the conventional approach.

1. Fill with water.
2. Put the hooch in one end
3. Cover the little hole with finger and...

Better stop here.
I may be being monitored by 'Big Brother'! :D

iainand
03-19-2006, 03:54 AM
LOL, good one!

Paul in NZ
03-19-2006, 04:48 AM
if memory serves me correctly there are two plugs that go into the bong......a four pin and a two pin,fish around in the wring loom up there you might find it,its a brown plug i think

iainand
03-19-2006, 01:21 PM
fixed it!!
i had connected the wrong 4 pin connector, found another connector with 4 pins, plugged it in instead and it works.

the other socket on the bong is a 3 pin connection but i cant find a corresponding plug to fit into it, but it works anyway.

thats the retrofit complete and all working, gong, outside temp, the works. even tried all the locked features.

if anyone needs some help give me a shout, only too happy to help