PDA

View Full Version : Just Order EAT Chip '91 525i.

bigezvol
03-19-2004, 03:53 PM
Bought my wifey a '91 525i for her birthday last year.... she has loved drivig it for the past year... Well... now it's my turn.

Just traded my 2000 Maxima in on a new Tahoe. Since I commute and she doesn't work, she gets to drive the big boy and I get the bimmer.

I am so stoked I can't wait until the chip gets here.

Mark, I hope it is as good as the reviews...

Jeff

MarkD
03-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Bought my wifey a '91 525i for her birthday last year.... she has loved drivig it for the past year... Well... now it's my turn.

Just traded my 2000 Maxima in on a new Tahoe. Since I commute and she doesn't work, she gets to drive the big boy and I get the bimmer.

I am so stoked I can't wait until the chip gets here.

Mark, I hope it is as good as the reviews...

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I think it's as good as the reviews but very few people have the DME you have, I think most here have the M30 motor. But yes the chip you ordered also works well.

I was wondering why I've had quite a few sales from Louisiana recently. Maybe it's one of the places that is warm? (or else Winfred is telling people about it) It's 4C here now, that's high 30's F.

Mark

Bigezvol
03-19-2004, 04:28 PM
What the h$!! are you doing... you should be filling my order!

Just kidding. It is about 80 here today and not a cloud in the sky. Has been this way for a week now. The pollen is horrible but worth it. Wishing I was out driving with the sunroof open or out trying to kill a little white ball.

I will let you know the results.

Jeff

steven
03-19-2004, 06:22 PM
i have a 91 525ia with an EAT that i got last year. it's a 10 minute job and a spectacular change.

you'll love it!

Trevor
03-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Enjopy your new chip when it arrives Jeff.
I've had the Ozzie version in my 535iA for 2 weeks and still can't keep my leadfoot off the accelerator.

KenB
03-20-2004, 06:54 AM
I've had mine in for 2 weeks now and LOVE it. I can't tell if I get better gas mileage, I can't keep my foot off the gas!!

Scott C
03-20-2004, 09:34 AM
I've had mine in for 2 weeks now and LOVE it. I can't tell if I get better gas mileage, I can't keep my foot off the gas!!

Is the performance really that noticeable? I would really like a "little" more power in my 525 but don't want to hurt that gas mileage for general driving since it is approaching $2 a gallon!

Scott C

MarkD
03-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Is the performance really that noticeable? I would really like a "little" more power in my 525 but don't want to hurt that gas mileage for general driving since it is approaching $2 a gallon!

Scott C

You should expect a significant improvement in fuel economy along with better performance. What year/model do you have?

Mark

Dick Schneiders
03-20-2004, 11:37 AM
The gas mileage was actually improved with the chip. It went from around 26 mpg to 28 mpg driving at 75 mph on the highway. The improvement in performance is certainly noticeable. My wife also has a 1991 525i that is unchipped. Her car has significantly less miles and the engine is in better condition. My EAT chipped car is quicker and smoother off of the line and it especially has more power in the upper rpm ranges. I didn't tell her about the chip, when I got it, and she noticed something different about how the car ran the first time she drove it. She asked me if I got it tuned up or something. I also had a significant improvement in a somewhat uneven idle.

Scott C

MarkD
03-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Dick,
you ordered the chip on March 27 2002 (not really a year or so ago)
I guess time flies when your having fun.

I wonder why your wife didn't buy a chip after noticing how well your works. The savings in fuel would have paid it off and by now she would actually be making money! :D

Mark

Dick Schneiders
03-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Good point on the savings in fuel. I will calculate how much I saved and present the figure to her. Part of the reason was that we had just bought her car a few weeks earlier and she really didn't want me "messing about" with it. :-)

Perhaps she will feel differently now.

Dick Schneiders

Dick,
you ordered the chip on March 27 2002 (not really a year or so ago)
I guess time flies when your having fun.

I wonder why your wife didn't buy a chip after noticing how well your works. The savings in fuel would have paid it off and by now she would actually be making money! :D

Mark

Warren N.CA
03-20-2004, 04:13 PM
The improvement to my '89 535i. In my case, I now get thr same acceleration winding only 5K, that I got before the EAT chip, winding the 6250 red line. Also, it previously was necessary to shift into second gear half way through a turn. Now I can complete a turn before needing to shift up.

i have a 91 525ia with an EAT that i got last year. it's a 10 minute job and a spectacular change.

you'll love it!

Scott C
03-21-2004, 12:20 AM
You should expect a significant improvement in fuel economy along with better performance. What year/model do you have?

Mark
I have a 95 525i, its just a little heavy and I wouldn't mind a little more power!

Scott

KenB
03-21-2004, 08:26 AM
With the EAT chip you get MORE power and BETTER gas mileage. What is the downside? There is none that I can think of. I was under the impression that the 525i required premium gas and have been using 93 octane since I first bought the car. If you shop around, you can pay only 10 cents more per gallon for premium, I just filled up for $27.00 at $1.63/gal. Most places are $1.79. Almost every gas station around here (NJ) has different days of the week that gives you 6¢ off of premium gas. You may even be able to use mid grade 91 octane. I haven't tried it.

The chip eventually pays for itself in gas savings, the extra power is worth the price of admission alone.

Bottom line: Just DO it!

Dick Schneiders
03-21-2004, 09:18 AM
with no problems. Premium here in Kansas is 91 octane.

With the EAT chip you get MORE power and BETTER gas mileage. What is the downside? There is none that I can think of. I was under the impression that the 525i required premium gas and have been using 93 octane since I first bought the car. If you shop around, you can pay only 10 cents more per gallon for premium, I just filled up for $27.00 at $1.63/gal. Most places are $1.79. Almost every gas station around here (NJ) has different days of the week that gives you 6¢ off of premium gas. You may even be able to use mid grade 91 octane. I haven't tried it.

The chip eventually pays for itself in gas savings, the extra power is worth the price of admission alone.

Bottom line: Just DO it!