PDA

View Full Version : oil canister check valve spring repair

Dash01
03-18-2006, 09:55 AM
My '90 535ia has the common low oil pressure light syndrome, so today I'm gonna inspect the pressure sensor and oil canister anti-drain check valve.

Within the past couple of months somebody posted some excellent pictures and procedure for repairing the spring that controls the oil anti-drain check valve. I've searched the archives, to must be using the wrong key words, so cannot find the post.

The procedure involved the anti-drain spring that keeps the oil from draining from the oil filter.

Can someone please direct me to that excellent post and pictures of this procedure?

Bill R.
03-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Here
(http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Trouble/OilCanister.htm)

My '90 535ia has the common low oil pressure light syndrome, so today I'm gonna inspect the pressure sensor and oil canister anti-drain check valve.

Within the past couple of months somebody posted some excellent pictures and procedure for repairing the spring that controls the oil anti-drain check valve. I've searched the archives, to must be using the wrong key words, so cannot find the post.

The procedure involved the anti-drain spring that keeps the oil from draining from the oil filter.

Can someone please direct me to that excellent post and pictures of this procedure?

Dash01
03-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks, Bill, but it was another posting. It had pics of the internal spring and retaining tabs, which must be bent to extract the spring.

As I recall, the gist of the posting was that the spring loses umph over time, allowing the oil filter to drain back into the crank case. This was on Rennlist perhaps a couple of months ago.

Anybody?

Dash01
03-18-2006, 02:41 PM
The excellent article on oil drainback valve is on Shogun's E32 fixes, which is well worth reading for anybody who has low oil pressure indication.

632 Regal
03-18-2006, 03:48 PM
link it!

Dash01
03-18-2006, 04:53 PM
OK, try this:

http://www.e32fixes.com/results.asp?method=show_fix&fixid=5