PDA

View Full Version : OT:User name origin

wingman
03-18-2006, 07:06 AM
How and why did you choose your user name? I got this nickname when I broke my shoulder when a recruit at the NSW Police Academy. I've worked out some others:
cschollum/UKM5: Couldn't spell Ima scrotum or Ultra K**t male with 5 year old brain.
632 Regal: 632 Regal comebacks for dumb**s questions
Paul in NZ: My name is Paul and I live in NZ (go the All Blacks!)
Shogun: Warrior King of Japanese BMW community
HD Handyman: hard drives R us
Blitzkreig Bob: Watch me Stuka dive bomb your dumb**s post
Egyptian islam dude: I am offended if your car is a different colour than mine. "what do you mean your car is pastel blau, I'm going to leave this board unless you paint your car the same colour as mine"
Winfred: Egyptian for 'he with offensive t-shirt and deservith of jihad'
(No offence intended to the sane minded islamic members of this board who share in tolerance and open-mindedness)
Phil Sanderson (AKA Darth Maul): Aussie for 'heart attack? Pump the f**k up like I did!'
GJP in AU: Another Aussieism. Translates to 'Summer Bay couldn't kill my 540!'

onewhippedpuppy
03-18-2006, 07:21 AM
As the first of my friends to get married, I was the butt of a lot of the inevitable "whipped" jokes. So, after our wedding I changed my email address, and told them that now it was fitting. Plus, it annoys my wife, always a plus.;) I started using it on BBSs as a user name because it was anti internet tough guy. Nothing annoys me more than someone acting like they're Billy Tough, when you know they're probably just a teenage geek with bad acne and no social skills sitting at the other end of the keyboard.

wingman
03-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Hell yeah. The other day I was logged into a website that dealt with grafitti taggers (work related). it was obvious that these kids were pre-pube and the talk was SO TOUGH I was getting scared just reading it:D. Your handle didn't come to mind when I posted this but I think you stand for us all. We are all whipped...

Kobe Diesel
03-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I took 'Kobe Diesel' from my workplace, my ship is propelled by an engine manufactured by Kobe Diesel of Kobe, Japan. Before this username I used 'Sulzer Diesel', a diesel engine on my previous ship. Another maker of big diesels is "B & W" or Burmeister & Wain. Im a marine diesel nut - cant help it.

I think the username "B&W Diesel" would be very appropriate on this board :D

SharkmanBMW
03-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I have always been known as Sharkman... a shark with the women when I was younger and pre-accident!
I also have a tatoo of a shark, I am also on my 4th BMW, so it goes together, SharkmanBMW!

I briefly used SkullfractureBMW, but it was not understood and liked by the group!
My face and head were broken in a crash, it was appropriate at the time, but I will stick with SharkmanBMW!

Evan
03-18-2006, 03:56 PM
I remember the SkullfractureBMW name! My name is Evan... short for Evangelos.

dternst
03-18-2006, 04:08 PM
My username is not as innovative or imaginative as some of the others. dternst = first intials of my first and middle name and my last name.

Rustam
03-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I took 'Kobe Diesel' from my workplace, my ship is propelled by an engine manufactured by Kobe Diesel of Kobe, Japan. Before this username I used 'Sulzer Diesel', a diesel engine on my previous ship. Another maker of big diesels is "B & W" or Burmeister & Wain. Im a marine diesel nut - cant help it.

you have to switch to a ship with bmw diesel...

zygoteer
03-18-2006, 07:25 PM
My late wife said I always liked having the last word, especially during sex.
"zygote" was common as the last word in abridged English dictionaries a few years back, and it means "fertilized ovum", so she often called me 'zygoteer'.

kev535i
03-18-2006, 07:33 PM
kev535i, nuff said

zmuff
03-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Years ago in the US Air Force, most of the guys were given nicknames (like them or not). I was christened Muffinhead, I used to have some rather curly hair. Actually it was Muffin Headed Mother F@#^&^! Over the years it shortened into Muff. I wanted to use it on a personalized license plate but the DMV thought it was a vulgar word, hmmmm...go figure. I chose ZMUFF and they accepted it, so I had it until just a few years ago when I bought my 535i (now V XXX V). But the name is easy to remember for logging in.

Johntee540
03-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I did 10 years at a large software company located in the northwest. On Email my alias was Johntee. Soon enough people at work would refer to each other by thier alias. Thus "Where's Johntee? He's late for the meeting again!" would be an example. So Johntee540 became my screen handle here. - JT

tnt525i
03-18-2006, 08:56 PM
i live in the caribbean in trinidad and tobago to be exact (thats the TNT) and well we all know what the 525i stands for lol

KenB
03-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Very interesting. Mine of course is as unimaginativ as can be; first name last name initial. I used another when I first joined the "other" board before this one was started but changed it because it was too similar to another username that was a dick. Because of my last name being so complicated that nobody can pronounce it or spell it, I decided to use B. My nickname has always been bing as that is part of my last name but at the time that one was taken by someone else.

grave77
03-18-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm into Metal and Death Metal stuff, just from the same mood, fits in the brutality of the BMW look. just came up on my mind and registered with it.

ArtemLepilov
03-19-2006, 02:20 AM
mine is self explanatory - my name :) Didnt feel like being creative there, and its easier to remmeber.

-Artem

Fred Tyler
03-19-2006, 06:32 AM
mine is self explanatory - my name :) Didnt feel like being creative there, and its easier to remmeber.

-Artem
Fred, is my name and also means "fu**ing ridiculous electrical device" and the numbers are part of number I will never forget.

stx133
03-19-2006, 05:48 PM
stx has been my nickname/tag since high school, i am tall and thin. 133 is for the 13.3 sec quarter i ran in my previous street sports car, a 1975 mazda RX4. Turbo rotary on 185 street tyres. still had the spare tyre in the boot and all my tools... it was a fun little ride

MBXB
03-19-2006, 06:17 PM
MBXB was my first every computer user ID in college. I've kept it ever since.

Rory525
03-19-2006, 06:39 PM
My names Rory and I drive a 525i

As if you all didnt know :D

mattyb
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
mattyb is my first name and the first initial of my second. my staff used to call me mattyb as part of the waythey used to call each other, angiec etc

Andrem5
03-19-2006, 08:54 PM

I am grateful for that explanation. I assumed you were a fanatical advocate of bio-diesel with the exclusive source from the effluent of Kobe beef cows.

liquidtiger720
03-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Mine...

Tiger for being born in the year of the tiger (chinese lunar year)

720 my birthday july 20th

liquid.... I really have no clue. It just sounded funny.

Evan
03-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Josh, how much fun is it drving your Bimmer around on SF streets? Evan

Rustam
03-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Mine...

Tiger for being born in the year of the tiger (chinese lunar year)

720 my birthday july 20th

liquid.... I really have no clue. It just sounded funny.

my birthday july 21st...

GoldenOne
03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
long story short, my friend started calling me golden child one time in high school because I basically did nothing in class but I excelled on tests, quizzes, etc. That gained a certain respect with my teachers and it caught on so I just kept it....but progressed to the "Golden One" now

rot535i
03-19-2006, 10:45 PM
I saw Brilliant Rot under the hood of my car. I didn't feel like typing to much though, so rot535i looked good to me.

pink-planet
03-20-2006, 01:00 PM
well my favourite color is pink, and when I chose planet, I wanted to live on another planet, where everything is pink. so a Pink-planet came up. Nice explanation isn't it?

Zeuk in Oz
03-20-2006, 07:01 PM
If I told you, I'd have to kill you ! ;)

Traian
03-20-2006, 07:52 PM
In the acient scrolls of the Oahatu tribe of Central Africa, Tra'ij-an was the God of immense wealth and happiness, and never-ending sexual gratification....

Or maybe Traian's just my name.

Traian
03-20-2006, 07:53 PM
I saw Brilliant Rot under the hood of my car. I didn't feel like typing to much though, so rot535i looked good to me.

With all the typing in that post, you could've given yourself some really huge name!

angrypancake
03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
i honestly cant say where i came up with mine. i created it in 8th grade or thereabouts, randomly on a sick day. people ask and i really just dont know...

scott540
03-20-2006, 08:45 PM
cool thread. I'm Scott and I have a 540. I use that ID for just about everything. Boring but easy to remember and it's always been that since roadfly so I can't change now.

liquidtiger720
03-20-2006, 10:30 PM
Josh, how much fun is it drving your Bimmer around on SF streets? Evan
Its fun. It keeps my speed down to ~20 - 30 mph...keeping the po po's away.

we_call_him_doher
03-20-2006, 10:40 PM
I choose mine because my last name is dewar and if you say it just right it sounds like doher so my friends came up with a song....

"We call him doher, because he did her, and he will do her and do her again."

So ya theres my username.

emw525E34
03-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey Sharky. Hope you don't mind me saying that. I remembered the Skullfractrure posting days... hope all is well.

Me: EMW its only the E that needs explaining. My employer Ericsson, Swedish Telecom giant. Last known bastion of a truely honest company. No bs-ing and its not tolerated either. Why is Moulder still searching ?. Its on the phone near you :-) {he used a few of our phones in his days...}

tdgard
03-21-2006, 09:19 AM
First initial, second initial, part of last name. Thought about using NPHUKU2--but that did not seem very nice.

bullyd
03-21-2006, 04:10 PM
bullyd was my nick name in school and its just stuck for usernames, i dont here may people call me it in the real world anymore though.

clhorton
03-21-2006, 06:08 PM
my name

M20Turbo
03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Engine and mod