PDA

View Full Version : As the megasquirt saga continues

bjl4776
03-17-2006, 11:17 AM
I recieved the rest of my parts from diyautotune.com and Im ready to roll. This weekend im going to be making the engine harness out of an old e34 harness I have and a labeled wiring bundle i got from diyautotune. So far I have everything needed to make my car run for bout 750 including:

MSI v3.0
Megastimulator
Relay box
ignition drivers
ICV drivers
IAT and CLT sensors
Relay harness
Wiring bundle
Innovative LC-1 wideband.

I still need to get a driver for the vanos control, which if anybody was looking for it is the same thing as VTEC driver for megasquirt. The vanos solenoid on our engines is a simple on/off, so it is an easy thing to control. Im going to be over my car for a while with wiring diagrams and electrical tape for a couple of days, but im getting there. The wiring isnt too bad. You dont need the relay box but it makes a bunch of things more simple. All I have to do is wire power , switched power, and ground to the relay box, and then hook all of the wires to the rest of the inputs/outputs such as injectors, sensors, and the fuel pump. Not hard just time consuming. Everything is labeled nice and neet so if you take your time and check over things its not bad at all. But its St Patty's day and I havent had a drink since i started this thing, so I need a break.

bahnstormer
03-17-2006, 11:29 AM
any pics?

Jon K
03-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Let me know if you need any help. Please also get back to me with pictures of how you mount your VB921s and PWM Idle control valve driver.

bjl4776
03-17-2006, 08:42 PM
I dont have pics, but im mounting them on the underside of the heatsink on the same bolts as the other drivers on top, and them im going to drill a hole in the case and mount a DB25 connector for the outputs. I forgot about running the vb921s in parallel so i need to order another 3 before i can get it going. I also need to get te vanos driver, and figure out the knock sensor inputs

Jon K
03-17-2006, 10:40 PM
you realize the knock sensor input is just that, input. it doesn't retard timing yet, it only logs knock.

bjl4776
03-18-2006, 12:37 PM
It has only been used as a knock logger, but it is possible with current code to run knock retard. I will probably just set it up for logging for now. Im not boosting the engine as of yet so its not that big of a deal, but if i can figure it out im going to

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/knock.html