PDA

View Full Version : OT, just ordered 3 more pairs of glasses from the

Bill R.
03-17-2006, 10:50 AM
ebay folks from Hong Kong. My wife's turned out so good that i now ordered 3 pairs for me. One pair rimless, hingless polycarbonate progressive transitions, one pair rimless,hingeless polycarbonate antiglare computer, one pair rimless hingeless polycarbonate antiglare reading... 254.00 for all 3 pairs shipped.

bahnstormer
03-17-2006, 10:57 AM
seller name?
i bought 3 pairs in poland when i was there - 100 each they were
all antiglare and anti scratch stuff

Bill R.
03-17-2006, 11:14 AM
very high positive feedback. Here's one link to him. I found others when searching for rimless hingeless frames on ebay. Heres a link to the optical shop (http://stores.ebay.com/MyOpticalShop-com)

seller name?
i bought 3 pairs in poland when i was there - 100 each they were
all antiglare and anti scratch stuff

Evan
03-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Bill, how are we going to finance wars if you keep making foreign eyeglass purchases?

Paul in NZ
03-17-2006, 04:38 PM
do you get your prescrition (i am sure that spelling is wrong) from your optician or ??

Bill R.
03-17-2006, 05:50 PM
had him also print the pupillary distance and to print everything on the script clearly so i could read and understand it.. I told him what i was doing when i asked for that. He was very skeptical of buying glasses over the internet until i told him that my wife's prescription from a month earlier had been perfect from them and that she saved over 420 dollars compared to the eyeglass place next to my optometrist. He was suprised and asked for the website to investigate for himself. The pupillary distance isn't normally done by the optometrist, its where they measure the distance between your pupils to determine where the center of the lens should be, but if you ask for it they will give it to you.

do you get your prescrition (i am sure that spelling is wrong) from your optician or ??

Paul in NZ
03-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks Bill I need to update my glasses and I am not gonna spend $600 like last time.My vision problem is striclty age related,I have 20/20 long vision but upclose or in poor light i need assistance for newsprint etc....

SharkmanBMW
03-17-2006, 10:06 PM
my dad lost his after getting hit by a car before Christmas, so we'll find them in the spring when the snow melts, (he's using a old pair now) but I am checking out your guy.... he is going for a new prescription this week.

Chris'91'525i
03-17-2006, 11:58 PM
ebay folks from Hong Kong. My wife's turned out so good that i now ordered 3 pairs for me. One pair rimless, hingless polycarbonate progressive transitions, one pair rimless,hingeless polycarbonate antiglare computer, one pair rimless hingeless polycarbonate antiglare reading... 254.00 for all 3 pairs shipped.

I have had good luck with 39dollarglasses.com, in New York.
The frames they sell are pretty generic, but okay. Nice folks to deal with too !
Prices look similar to your eBay seller.
This place will put lens in your frames as well. I sent some Ray-Ban shades to fill with prescription lens, that I bought before I failed the vision test at the DMV last year.
Sure is nice to see razor sharp again. I guess you go into denial when your eye sight starts to go, and just move closer to the TV to see the sport scores :D