PDA

View Full Version : Barrett-Jackson's in town.....

Brian C.
03-19-2004, 02:29 PM
....and I think I'm going to check out the cars Sunday. I went last year and it was quite fun seeing people bid $250k on Mercedes Gull-wings and the like. I enjoyed the muscle car row too, Vettes, Chargers, Camaro SS's and Shelby Cobras to die for. It's great just to see "old stuff" here. Not too much of anything "old" on the road......except the drivers. It looks like only one Bimmer in the auction, a nice 2002. Wasn't Jon K looking for one??? Send me a blank check, and I'll buy it for you! :D I'll take a few pics of cool stuff and post next week. Any requests?

Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/florida/default.asp)

Brian C.
'95 525ia

George M
03-19-2004, 05:11 PM
wish I was down there to attend that auction with ya. Would be great to drink a few beers and take in the sights. And what vivid sights they are...a feast for car freaks like us. Love the diversity...A to Z....vintage stuff...muscle cars...old racers...cruisers...gotta love it. Historically, virtually no Bimmers. Some really great iron however. Lots of millionaire car nuts willing to fork out some big cheese for an exclusive car. Those old D-types...original big block Cobras, rare perfect big block Vettes etc make me drool. Exciting stuff to see someone pay 200k for an old car and sometimes outbid someone for a particular car well above its worth just so they can have it.
Enjoy it brother.
George