PDA

View Full Version : Shogun reset...

dt8068
03-15-2006, 11:32 PM
I performed the so called shogun reboot because my car idles a little loppy, and mainly because I wanted to see if it would change anything.

So I hooked the battery back up and the car to my surprise Idles smoothly, I really did'nt expect anything to improve. also the shifting is completely remapped for the sport and economy modes which is interesting. (shift points and throttle response changed a lot)

Well my problem is I didn't think before I did the reset and now the damn radio needs the 5 digit code (displays CODE). I don't have the code and I never have. Is there anyway to find it out or possibly bypass the code?

I can't live without music:)

liquidtiger720
03-15-2006, 11:37 PM
You can have the stealership get the code for you. It might cost you a little $$ though.

shogun
03-16-2006, 12:05 AM
I should have patented the reset procedure. No need to work anymore from donations errhh patent/license fees :)

If you have probs to get radio codes:

Graeme Davidson
Davidson Electronics
They do it via email. I have read on the German board, a 7 series owner in Costa Rica bought a car and imported it and did not have the radio code. That company solved it for small money.
Also do a search in the internet for radio code calculators.

http://www.davidsonelectronics.co.uk/

dt8068
03-16-2006, 03:20 PM
I called a random BMW dealer today (Thompson BMW) and told them I needed the radio code after disconnecting the battery, and I gave them the serial number on the back of the head unit and within an instant they told me the code over the phone!

I had no trouble at all and didn't have to show proof of ownership and it was free.

So I tried the radio code, and it worked! My music is back, no money spent:)

JMI
03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Shogun,

Do you mind repeating the steps to your reset?

Thanks

ArtemLepilov
03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Im not shogun but I tihnk I can fill in:

- Take battery clamps off
- Put the key in the ignition position (not start)
- Short the battery clamps for a little bit to let the energy staying in the system drain out.
-Put it together and start the car - it should feel different... Hadnt tried it myself yet - gotta wait for the cylinder #4 repair...

-Artem

shogun
03-16-2006, 09:37 PM
click my website below, first section in the middle, see RESET.
you have the option to select English or German info for that :D

ArtemLepilov
03-16-2006, 10:54 PM
haha.. I had to search the forums to find the procedure yesterday.. :p did it today, thought didnt help my computer :( its prolly broken - I will be replacing the transistor soon if I check it out to be bad tomorrow.

-Artem