PDA

View Full Version : What does "CODE TACHO" means?

Alex in Montreal
03-19-2004, 12:55 PM
What this means on the instrument cluster display: "CODE TACHO" ?
I found no info on the internet about it. I tried to reset it by disconnecting the battery all over one weekend. It came back as soon as I started the engine. Two months ago I had to change the water pump and the passenger side valve cover gasket at one of the independent garages. Could this be related ? Anyone knows something about this ?

Warren N.CA
03-19-2004, 12:58 PM
:)
What this means on the instrument cluster display: "CODE TACHO" ?
I found no info on the internet about it. I tried to reset it by disconnecting the battery all over one weekend. It came back as soon as I started the engine. Two months ago I had to change the water pump and the passenger side valve cover gasket at one of the independent garages. Could this be related ? Anyone knows something about this ?

Alex in Montreal
03-19-2004, 01:06 PM
:)

George M
03-19-2004, 01:10 PM
:d

632 Regal
03-19-2004, 01:12 PM
reset your cluster to speak english.

Alex in Montreal
03-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks

TheGeak
03-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Tachometer perhaps?

Terry B
03-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Had same thing happen when I had to jump the battery - maybe your indy did something to the electrical system he shouldn't have?

I was able to cure my problem by leaving the battery disconnected (both leads) over night.

Terry

shogun
01-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Late, but never too late, here is the answer ;-)

this type of issue only occurs when the battery gets discharged. The instrument cluster electronics get confused, and need to get reset. Make sure the battery is fully charged, or it may occur again.

Try disconnecting the battery terminals over night, reconnect terminals, and see if the message goes away.

Make sure you have the radio code available (if the original radio is installed), or your radio won't work after disconnecting the battery.
-------------------
To get rid of it, unhook the battery both positive and negative leads, and use a long screwdriver to connect the terminals together. Use something to cover the battery post so the terminals and screwdriver don't toch the post on the battery. Wait about 15 mins, and hook the terminals back up to the battery posts. Start the car and drive it around for about half an hour to 45 mins to reset the cpu. This should get rid of the Tacho code. This is not a joke.