PDA

View Full Version : Put on Speed Channel @ 9pm, PINKS! is on!

Jon K
03-15-2006, 08:22 PM
I love this show - it can be funny and is really cool because you get to see how politics affect drag racing. Additionally, it's plain amusing! Haha put it on if you want, I know I'll be watching.

brodee
03-15-2006, 08:26 PM
I've been watching that a lot lately. Dvr'd a bunch and had and watched the other night. The one with the race bikes was funny, that one guy was looking for any excuse he could on why he kept losing. The Camaro-Nova showdown was cool too.

GoldenOne
03-15-2006, 09:52 PM
missed it...i guess ill catch it at 11...

bahnstormer
03-15-2006, 10:32 PM
the old bald guy is annoying
=\

would you agree Bob outperformed you???
yah rub it in asshat, i just lost my car lol

brodee
03-16-2006, 08:42 AM
the old bald guy is annoying
=\

would you agree Bob outperformed you???
yah rub it in asshat, i just lost my car lol

Damn he's not that old is he? He looks younger than me :D

kyleN20
03-16-2006, 08:55 AM
hes not old, he could be late 20's, maybe younger, i just watched the civic vrs the transam, transam kicked it ass in the final race, civic was given 2 cars, T/A dident have a second gear, and the trans won by 7

brodee
03-16-2006, 09:17 AM
hes not old, he could be late 20's, maybe younger, i just watched the civic vrs the transam, transam kicked it ass in the final race, civic was given 2 cars, T/A dident have a second gear, and the trans won by 7

That race pissed me off. How could you feel like you won anything if you have to have 15 lengths to do it?? That's not racing. And that kid with the civic pissed me off too, kept thinking the other guy was cheating. Did you see that hose he claimed was cut and that he had "just replaced the day before"? That thing was all deteriorated on the end, that wasn't a new hose. I was glad to see him lose his car, thought it was funny when the other guy asked him if it got good gas milage :D

I wonder what they get paid for being on the show?

Jeff N.
03-16-2006, 10:51 AM
phht. reality tv on a drag strip with staged arguments. sorry. show me some Euro Touring car or GTP or SCCA racing instead.

brodee
03-16-2006, 10:55 AM
phht. reality tv on a drag strip with staged arguments. sorry. show me some Euro Touring car or GTP or SCCA racing instead.
Actually I was thinking I'd like to see some club race guys go up against each other. Let them race heads up on a track and give them 2 out of 3 with 5 laps each race or something and winner takes home losers car. I'd watch that one!!

Jon K
03-16-2006, 11:44 AM

Eh, if you've been to Englishtown raceway or ATCO raceway during bracket racing you would know that this "staged argument" is common to every face off...

2 cars no bottle...
7 cars bottle...
heads up slicks...

it gets annoying but the drama is awesome. Unforunately, here, they don't race for cars.

kyleN20
03-16-2006, 12:43 PM
yeah, if they were trying to prove an import is better then a american muscle, they def shouldent put a civiv up there that needs 20 lenghts, oughta have a supra up there. not to mention that guy played that kid like a fiddel.

Jon K
03-16-2006, 01:10 PM
You should see peoples faces when a '91 VW hatback beats a 12 second Nova :)

We should have the VW into the low 11's, high 10's in a couple weeks.

Jeff N.
03-16-2006, 02:09 PM
...it's a highly competitive sport. I just don't find it entertaining to watch people argue about this and that. No different than say Crossfire on FOX 'news'. Make your point and then get on with it. Quit with the with drama queen stuff enhanced via a reality TV producer.

Makes me think of the Monty Python skit where he'd 'like to buy an argument'.:D

Jeff

Eh, if you've been to Englishtown raceway or ATCO raceway during bracket racing you would know that this "staged argument" is common to every face off...

2 cars no bottle...
7 cars bottle...
heads up slicks...

it gets annoying but the drama is awesome. Unforunately, here, they don't race for cars.

kyleN20
03-16-2006, 02:09 PM
do you and PT run a shop or somthing?

SharkmanBMW
03-16-2006, 05:48 PM
...i

Makes me think of the Monty Python skit where he'd 'like to buy an argument'.:D

Jeff

I love that - hilarious!

Pinks is cool because someone actually loses their car.... the drama queens I can do without.
I would like to know how the losers are compensated for being on the show,,, I doubt guys are willing to lose some pretty sweet rides if they get absolutely zip!