PDA

View Full Version : HAh! Yet another e34 spring brand...

genphreak
03-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Anyone heard of B&G springs (http://www.eurosportdesign.com/suspension.htm) before? They are cheaper, and make for the e34. Red in colour, so perhaps these are the infamous BavAuto types, or perhaps they are Vogtlands, or another euro vendor?

btw, has anyone been able to prove for sure that vogtlands were not just reboxed bavauto's? :) Nick

mholbrook
03-14-2006, 07:21 PM
B&G are made in San Diego and are very good springs. Compare someplace between H&R and Eibach IIRC. Definately not BavAuto.

mholbrook
03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Frank Fahey Motorsports and Apex Engineering, both of San Diego have installed these on customer's and their own cars.

Kalevera
03-15-2006, 12:23 AM
And B&G is UUC's manufacturer. In fact, I think UUC has exclusive rights to distribute them for BMW in the US (which would make sense, because Fahey and Apex are both UUC dealers), but don't quote me on that...

best, whit

genphreak
03-15-2006, 01:16 AM
And B&G is UUC's manufacturer. In fact, I think UUC has exclusive rights to distribute them for BMW in the US (which would make sense, because Fahey and Apex are both UUC dealers), but don't quote me on that...best, whit Thanks for the edification guys; did you notice they are quite cheap too- like $50 odd cheaper than Eibach/H&R... and has to be a good thing- maybe they (e34 ones) are on run-out as it is the cheapest one to get.

Andrem5
03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Anyone heard of B&G springs (http://www.eurosportdesign.com/suspension.htm) before? They are cheaper, and make for the e34. Red in colour, so perhaps these are the infamous BavAuto types, or perhaps they are Vogtlands, or another euro vendor?

btw, has anyone been able to prove for sure that vogtlands were not just reboxed bavauto's? :) Nick

As Mike H points out, they are available from many sources in the USA, not just UUC. Shox.com sells them, for example (another San Diego company).

The advantage to San Diego shops is they can specify any spring rate, length, etc., for custom applications picking and choosing from the shelf.

JoshsE34-M50
03-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey...looks like 8 series wheels, looks good.

brodee
03-21-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm thinking of getting these since vogtland is out of e34 springs and wont' have them till at least end of April.

I noticed Shox.com has them for $199, seems like a good deal if they are a decent spring. Wondering though it says the front and rear lowering is 1.4". I don't want anywhere near that on the rear, is that correct?