PDA

View Full Version : E.A.T. chip & Peake tool-problem?

Russell
03-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Another post was discussing the Peake tool and Shogun wondered if chiped cars had a problem with the Peake tool.

I have had the E.A.T. DME chip for over a year and the Peake tool for about a month. Only used it once to check for codes. Stated it had no stored codes. Have not reset oil or service lights yet. Will try this evening.

Never thought there might be a problem with a chiped car? Peake never mentioned a possible issue. Is there a problem? If there is, I may send the tool back, if I can.

I sure do not want to remove my chip. :)

winfred
03-14-2006, 09:36 AM
i've not had any problems other then the peake tool shitting out after about a year

Russell
03-14-2006, 06:53 PM
I was able to reset the oil and service indicator lights with my Peake tool. So apparently no problem with a chipped car. Peake verified it also.

Another post was discussing the Peake tool and Shogun wondered if chiped cars had a problem with the Peake tool.

I have had the E.A.T. DME chip for over a year and the Peake tool for about a month. Only used it once to check for codes. Stated it had no stored codes. Have not reset oil or service lights yet. Will try this evening.

Never thought there might be a problem with a chiped car? Peake never mentioned a possible issue. Is there a problem? If there is, I may send the tool back, if I can.

I sure do not want to remove my chip. :)