PDA

View Full Version : AC Problems, 2005 325i

mcsloan
03-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I don't think my AC is working properly. Its been in the shop twice in 2 weeks... and I've only owned it a month. While waiting on my car I had two loaners - in both I would get cold with the AC set at 70, but in my car the air doesn't get cold unless I turn the temp down to the low 60s. The lowest I can set it is 59... it seems to me that I should be freezing with it set at 59, but I'm not. The shop says there are no freon leaks.

Can anyone help? Is my AC system a dud, or is this normal? I am new to the BMW family. I really want to be happy with my car, but right now I am disappointed with my newly purchased preowned...

winfred
03-14-2006, 09:40 AM
there may just be a calibration difference between your car and others, as long as the ac gets down to a nice low temp it's doing it's job hydraulicly the rest is up to the car to deliver the air to you

mcsloan
03-14-2006, 09:46 AM
The air is a nice tempature for March, but I know when may rolls around, the air will not be cold enough to beat the humid summers of NC. I'm a pretty small female, and it doesn't take much to make me cold. Also, there are 2 temperatures of air blowing from my dash vents. It feels slightly warm at the top and cool at the bottom? Thanks for replying.

wingman
03-15-2006, 05:33 AM
The air is a nice tempature for March, but I know when may rolls around, the air will not be cold enough to beat the humid summers of NC. I'm a pretty small female, and it doesn't take much to make me cold. Also, there are 2 temperatures of air blowing from my dash vents. It feels slightly warm at the top and cool at the bottom? Thanks for replying.

How long have you had the car for?

winfred
03-15-2006, 09:10 AM
hmmm sounds like time to keep on the dealer's butt about it so theres a record of the complant in the system, and hopefully somebody will spot the problem, i don't have any experence on the new 3 series so i can't really help much

wingman
03-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm just thinking about the centre dial on the E34 from which you can change the temp for say warm feet cold face. That kind of thing. BMW owner's manuals can be confusing at times.