PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - I'm back in the land of the living...

Phil Sanderson
03-13-2006, 07:31 PM
...yes well, at least my heart works again (and I have the inside photos to prove it). I want to thank everyone for their kind wishes for my best health after my heart attack 26 days ago - your thoughts meant a lot. I am feeling a whole lot better now, recovery has been pretty quick, but there is still a way to go. The worst part is that I am not allowed to drive for 6 months, apparently some law which applies to people who have been revived with those electric paddle things where they say "Clear" - then thump! Oh well it looks like I will have a lot of time on my hands for washing 2 E34s - as long as I don't buff too hard. A side effect for me of those electric paddle thingys was "Darth Maul Eyes", but thats cleared up now.

Anyway it's good to be back, anything exciting been happening around here lately?

regards
Phil

NitrousO
03-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Glad to hear you recovered from it. Those paddles by the way are called Defibrillators. Never knew about the driving thing though (no driving for six months if revived by a defibrillator). Cool picture though. Photoshop it and make yourself darth maul and send it to friends and family :D .

mholbrook
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM
If you were closer, I'd be happy to drive you around, in yours or mine.

Take care of yourself and glad to have you back with us.

Alexlind123
03-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Im gald to hear youre feeling better! Get well soon :)

632 Regal
03-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Phil,

I'm glad your back and can type in person, it's an honor to me to even know you. Them eyes do look cool, is there an option to in some way to keep them? I mean without going against doctors wishes ;) Im glad you are doing good, from what I have researched there is a long recovery for the "illing" parts of the heart. Follow directions and youll be back full force in no time. Maybe by then either I can learn how to spell correctly or can get a new keyboard...I blame both.

Thanks for posting!

Bill R.
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
6 months of no driving would mean that i would sure get a lot of other things done. Except you probably have been put on a limit as to how much you can lift or do . Hope you're feeling fine and recover completely

...yes well, at least my heart works again (and I have the inside photos to prove it). I want to thank everyone for their kind wishes for my best health after my heart attack 26 days ago - your thoughts meant a lot. I am feeling a whole lot better now, recovery has been pretty quick, but there is still a way to go. The worst part is that I am not allowed to drive for 6 months, apparently some law which applies to people who have been revived with those electric paddle things where they say "Clear" - then thump! Oh well it looks like I will have a lot of time on my hands for washing 2 E34s - as long as I don't buff too hard. A side effect for me of those electric paddle thingys was "Darth Maul Eyes", but thats cleared up now.

Anyway it's good to be back, anything exciting been happening around here lately?

regards
Phil

Jr ///M5
03-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Such good news! We're all glad to see you're on the mends and up and about. Just take it easy polishing those bimmers and don't overdo it.

How's the family holding up? You better take advantage of all the, "here, I'll get that for you"...while you can. You'll heal faster than you think...

It's good to have you back on board Phil. Take care of yourself.

Maybe Geoff and Quentin will pay a visit sometime.

Jr

GoldenOne
03-13-2006, 08:26 PM
welcome back and heres to future years of good health!

liquidtiger720
03-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Welcome back Phil Sanderson. I wish you a speedy recovery.

old bob
03-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Welcome back.
Take it easy before you start to R & R again

Dave M
03-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Good for you. Coming from a long line of heart attack survivors, I can attest that life only gets better. The e34(s) will feel ever crisper and sweeter when you do get a chance to drive.

Enjoy any bit of time you can while recovering.

All the best,

Dave M

Zeuk in Oz
03-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Glad to see you back at the computer Phil !

Next time we have a meet due in Sydney, all you have to say is that you don't want to go - you don't need to go to such drastic measures to get out of it ! :p

Shame about the driving ban - still hopefully you can get someone to drive your E34s with you as passenger to keep the oil moving.

All the best,

Bo

Gayle
03-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Phil I know having a heart attack is bad but what I want to know is "how were you able to live without us and our foolishness?" I would think withdrawal from bimmer.info would be worse than a heart attack. Glad you are back. You need to be here 24/7 to make up for what you missed.

GJPinAU
03-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Shame about the driving ban - still hopefully you can get someone to drive your E34s with you as passenger to keep the oil moving.
The M7 has made it awful convenient for Phil to ring for a ride:D
Sorry, I thought I heard him call "taxi!"

Evan
03-14-2006, 12:49 AM
welcome back!

wingman
03-14-2006, 03:37 AM
Glad to hear you recovered from it. Those paddles by the way are called Defibrillators. Never knew about the driving thing though (no driving for six months if revived by a defibrillator). Cool picture though. Photoshop it and make yourself darth maul and send it to friends and family :D .

Afectionately known as 'Packer Wackas' after one saved the big fellas life a number of years back. He was appalled that not all ambulances had them so he bought one for every ambulane in NSW!

wingman
03-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Well done Phil. Theres obviously fighting spirit in abundance in you. How are you going without the smokes? It's been 20 weeks for me now and I feel great. We hope to see you in Terrigal soon. I'm sure one of us can pick you up on the way.

genphreak
03-14-2006, 04:05 AM
Phil I know having a heart attack is bad..For some people havng a heart is hard enough... let alone a heart attack! Yeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaah! Well we're certainly glad you are now confirmed as one of the former (as you know we were always wondering about your past after you only turned up once we'd got rid of that pesky Death Star)!

Seriously Phil there is no way you'd get away with a DM impoersonation, your skin has a tad too much life in it ;)

We're sure glad to see you tapping those keys on your ownsome and have popped back on to show us that fine pic. Congratulations on the strong resurrection- I am sure there were a few more of us that were starting to wonder how you were doing. We're going to be doing some work on our cars so if you'd like the company and have a suitable driveway (and Director's chair), let us know- we could always come round to keep you company whilst getting the job done. A bit of encouragement form the stands would hardly go astray... :) Nick

dacoyote
03-14-2006, 09:06 AM
Good to see you back

granit_silber
03-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Phil,

Welcome back!!!!
-ashley

zmuff
03-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Welcome back Phil!

Take care on your road to recovery. Of course, when you're able to drive again, the road IS recovery! Keep it up man.

Mike Edwards

Mas (UK)
03-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Wish you a speedy recovery to full good health from across the pond here in little britain. Is it me or do you also feel more relaxed just being near a collection of tools and playing around on such nice motors? That great satisfaction of fixing something broken or even the irresistable smile on your face when changing engine oil and seeing old black oil pour out ... then watching carefully as you pour in your shiney honey-coloured new oil? I'm sure once the weather warms up a bit around your neck of the woods, you'll be out there enjoying a little fun leisurely time like this with your motor again.

Hey, even if you can't drive for a bit right now, you can always enjoy listening to your motor purring smoothly on your driveway!

Get well soon Mr Phil,

Mas

1995 525i
03-14-2006, 11:52 AM

regards
Phil

Welcome back Phil. i'm glad to hear your recovery is progressing and the Darth Maul eyes are temporary. Take care of yourself and those E34's.

Michael