PDA

View Full Version : The Black Widow of Transmissions

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Strikes again!

My Wife has fried the third Trans in 4 years Saturday on her Dodge caravan.

I don't know what she does...but the first trans died from a broken sater that cracked part of the case, #2 the torque converter fried, #3 just stopped going after 10 minutes or so driving.

Still looking to buy a decent Touring to replace the van, so I don't have to deal with FWD repairs.

Russell
03-13-2006, 10:02 PM
I had a 1990 Plymouth Grand Caravan that went through four dealer installed factory transmissions in 130,000 miles since new. I only paid for part of the fourth one. There was a known problem with the tranys in at least the 91-91 time period. Perhaps later.

Would have thought chrysler would have figured out the problem. I will never buy another chrysler product again. I do not want to even talk about the dual air problems, fuel injectors or front struts.

Shudder!!!

Strikes again!

I don't know what she does...but the first trans died from a broken sater that cracked part of the case, #2 the torque converter fried, #3 just stopped going after 10 minutes or so driving.

Still looking to buy a decent Touring to replace the van, so I don't have to deal with FWD repairs.

Scott C
03-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Strikes again!

Buy a Honda or Toyota?

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-13-2006, 10:57 PM
It's got 148k on it and it's well known that the trans goes at 100k, all the rebuilds are just by you a few years.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Hoping for a good E34 touring to show up, but the wife keeps whispering "X5" in my ear during sex.