PDA

View Full Version : Remote Start and Valve Adjustments

athflying79
03-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Going to re-check my valves and replace the eccentrics per my previous thread. Also want to make sure the spray bar works correctly. If I make me up a Bill R. pill bottle starter, I can just crank the motor and there is enough oil pressure to see if the bar is spraying well??

Also, the remote starter functions with no key in ignition??? I'm assuming no spark or fuel, so the engine can not start. Just didn't no if the key had to be in or turned a little.

632 Regal
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
i'll venture a guess here, your not going to get enough pressure to see the spray bar in action while cranking, should be at an idle (could be a messy project)

leave the key off, if its on then youll get fuel and spark, it WILL start...lol

athflying79
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
The car will actually run with the valve cover off??? When I broke the breather hose going from the valve cover to the intake, it wouldn't run till I covered it with a rubber glove. I definitely would rather not run the car with cover off....no other way to check that thing out??

Secondly my question about the key being in or on, didn't know if there was always power to the diag connector so that I could turn it over.

632 Regal
03-14-2006, 10:46 AM
only need the starter to turn, plug the breather hose then it will run without the valve cover.

Bill R.
03-14-2006, 11:33 AM
bit of cranking though and all i really looked for was to ensure that oil was coming out of all of the holes, If its dripping out at cranking speed then it should be fine as long as its dripping out of all of them including the front one
And yes the remote starter functions without the fuel pump or the ignition and the key doesn't have to be in it.

Going to re-check my valves and replace the eccentrics per my previous thread. Also want to make sure the spray bar works correctly. If I make me up a Bill R. pill bottle starter, I can just crank the motor and there is enough oil pressure to see if the bar is spraying well??

Also, the remote starter functions with no key in ignition??? I'm assuming no spark or fuel, so the engine can not start. Just didn't no if the key had to be in or turned a little.

SRR2
03-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Pull the plugs out. It will spin a lot faster on the starter.

632 Regal
03-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Bill you should have just suggested him to take pictures of it spraying at an idle...could have put that in the archives :D

athflying79
03-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Bill you should have just suggested him to take pictures of it spraying at an idle...could have put that in the archives :D

That's not very nice. Since the front of my engine is covered in oil from a loose CPS bolt...wouldn't really make much difference.