PDA

View Full Version : Icv

t_marat
03-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I looked in past postings but I still have some questions.

It is stated in the Bentley that giving a load to the engine should increase the idle (or keep it the same). Switching the A/C or turning the wheels causes the idle on my engine to go lower a little and stay there (no matter if the engine is cold or warm). Furthermore, while the engine is fully warmed up, idle would sometimes stall. It usually happens when the engine is coming down from a high rev, something like 2500rpm and higher. If I brake with the gear in, and let the rpm down to 1200-1500 and then release the gear, then it does not stall. This only happens when the engine is warm. O2 sensor?

Jon K
03-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Sounds more like a vacuum leak. Check the MAF and check the elbow going to the throttle body for cracks or disconnectected hoses.

t_marat
03-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I tried spraying a carb cleaner around the MAF and the elbow. Did not see any increase in the rpm.

bjl4776
03-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Definately sounds like a vacuum leak. Especially when it only does it when the engine is warm i.e close loop. I had the same problem and it was a vacuum leak. Dont spray anything through the MAF it can not be good for it. Check for the boot that goes from the MAF to the TB for any tears, they get dry rotted over time, as well as the vacuum hoses that lead to the boot. If you want to you can T in a vacuum guage and check your vacuum guage that way. www.bmwe34.net shows you how do do it and what your readings mean.