PDA

View Full Version : Check Tranny Fluid

Exnilo
03-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Hi gents. Question.. i have a 1992 525i auto tranny. I cannot for the life of me seem to pull out the dip stick to check the tranny fluid level. Is there some trick i am missing? The stick has a red top on it. Last time i had my oil changed the place said something about not being able to check it because its has a breakable "thing" in it. Can anyone shed some light? TY!

Rustam
03-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Hi gents. Question.. i have a 1992 525i auto tranny. I cannot for the life of me seem to pull out the dip stick to check the tranny fluid level. Is there some trick i am missing? The stick has a red top on it. Last time i had my oil changed the place said something about not being able to check it because its has a breakable "thing" in it. Can anyone shed some light? TY!

pull harder - squeeze, twist, shake, rock, bite it...

Bill R.
03-12-2006, 02:55 AM
the dipstick sideways in the direction of the arrow while pulling it out.