PDA

View Full Version : Ticking injectors?

ILoveMPower
03-11-2006, 10:45 PM
My buddy used a screwdriver as a stethascope on my M30, and noticed that the loud ticking we thought was a calling for a valve adjustment, was actually my injectors! Is this normal? Is this a sign they should be replaced?

Thx,
-JK

winfred
03-11-2006, 10:47 PM
it's normal they are varly loud

Alexlind123
03-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I recently replaced the injectors in my m30. I will tell you if they removed the loud ticking when i start it up.

Alexlind123
03-12-2006, 01:53 AM
I fired it up with the design 3 19# ford injectors and it sounds like a sewing machine again! A bad injector can tick (loudly). Try running some seafoam through the gas tank, if that doesnt work you might want to replace them. If they are all making the same amount of noise, you might not have a problem.

Kalevera
03-12-2006, 03:14 AM
I mean, I understand the whole theory behind pulling out the stethoscope, but I think you're making a lot harder than it needs to be.

Find someone with an autologic, recent modic/GT1 or other similar diagnostic tool and fire the injectors with it. Compare that sound to what you're hearing. Quick and easy; removes all guessing from the matter.

M30 valvetrain oil starvation is common and oft discussed around here.

best, whit

ILoveMPower
03-13-2006, 01:24 AM
well, i'm aware oil starvation is common... but i'm also aware valve adjustments are common. me and my buddy were planning one for quite some time when we realized the loudest noise in my engine bay was the injectors...