PDA

View Full Version : Australia meet link and pics

Brandon J
03-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Here is the the link to the meets for our mates in Australia: http://www.bimmer.info/~events/australia.html

genphreak
03-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Here is the the link to the meets for our mates in Australia: http://www.bimmer.info/~events/australia.html (http://www.bimmer.info/%7Eevents/australia.html)Thanks Brandon! This time, I am defiantely there....:) Nick

wingman
03-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Yes Terrigal sounds nice! Hopefully the weather will be a little cooler this time. Thanks Brandon.

shogun
03-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Maybe you also post it on bimmerboard Australia section
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/au/

mattyb
03-12-2006, 09:43 PM
hey thats great. i was only talking to kristian a few days ago about having a night up here for the crew on this baord, how ironic and well timed. Bron will probably stay at here mums. my house isnt so big but theres a couple of spare rooms and a mattress. i was thinkingto have a bbq and a few beers and folks could stay here if they wanted to. when were you thinking this to happen?

shogun
03-12-2006, 10:50 PM
I just posted it on bimmerboard E34 forums and on bimmerboard Reginal sections "Australia"

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/e34/

I hope some members from BB can join this meet.

Have fun all together.

genphreak
03-13-2006, 04:56 PM
hey thats great. i was only talking to kristian a few days ago about having a night up here for the crew on this baord, how ironic and well timed. Bron will probably stay at here mums. my house isnt so big but theres a couple of spare rooms and a mattress. i was thinkingto have a bbq and a few beers and folks could stay here if they wanted to. when were you thinking this to happen?Sounds great matty, I'll bring the steaks... it should be excellent!

Now, where do we find a nice big concrete skidpan? :) Nick

BigKriss
03-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Name a date.

when were you thinking this to happen?

GJPinAU
03-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Name a date.
Make it in June. I don't have any race meetings that month!:D

GJPinAU
03-14-2006, 04:41 PM
I just posted it on bimmerboard E34 forums and on bimmerboard Reginal sections "Australia"

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/e34/

I hope some members from BB can join this meet.

Have fun all together.
Hey Shogun, why don't you join us. It's only a couple hours flight from you:)

rob101
03-14-2006, 04:46 PM
Hey Shogun, why don't you join us. It's only a couple hours flight from you:)
thats a bit optimistic its a couple hours flight from where i live, plus i have to take my shoes and belt off everytime i go through sydney airport:p

Zeuk in Oz
03-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Only if you wear your spurs ! :D

rob101
03-14-2006, 05:25 PM
i always phone ahead to make sure they have my horse and gun belt waiting for me at the airport.

Boom n Zoom
03-17-2006, 04:12 AM
I just need a firm date for when this meet is to take place. Where really doesn't bother me.

Only thing is I need time to get my pass approved. :)

I really would like to mae this one if I can to meet you all.

Cheers and Happy St Patrick's Day!

Boom n Zoom

wingman
03-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Ditto B&Z! Maybe you can set the date!?!?

genphreak
03-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Ditto B&Z! Maybe you can set the date!?!?So long as it isn't the Grand Prix weekend I don't care. I'm off to Melbourne then! But someone is going to have to name a date friends!

mattyb
03-17-2006, 06:52 AM
What about June 3rd , saturday?

mattyb
03-17-2006, 06:52 AM
June 3rd , Saturday

BigKriss
03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
It's a deal :)

June 3rd , Saturday

Brandon J
03-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Guys, just let me know the exact details and I will update the website.

GJPinAU
03-19-2006, 05:14 PM
June 3rd , Saturday
Good for me, I'm in

mattyb
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
thats swell. so it looks as though we are heading for the 3 June 2006 which is a SATURDAY( day included for the benifit of spastics like me who thought the last one was on a sunday)!

genphreak
03-19-2006, 09:11 PM
thats swell. so it looks as though we are heading for the 3 June 2006 which is a SATURDAY( day included for the benifit of spastics like me who thought the last one was on a sunday)!On ya Matty!! Thanks for taking the plunge mate. :) Beers- bbq and cars, what could be better?

mattyb
03-20-2006, 10:48 AM
sweet. ive no garage facilities but its very safe around these parts so your cars will be fine on the street that way you all can have a few and camp here for the night. i've got a special guest vehicle appearance lined up so hopefully the weathers good and he'll be able to bring the machine down for the meet. otherwise its the aussie standard i guess, byo grog and let me know numbers for grub etc. Missus will be up at her mums so dont be bringin ur missus unless u have too. if u do let me know so i'll get the missus to be staying. I'm right to bungin on the bread and salad and breakfast, meat etc but if u want to bring whatever let me know. bring a swag or a pillow just in case. i'm not short of room but i dont have 30 honeymoon suites if u know what i mean.It would be great to have the crew here for a few brews and a feed with out having to drive anywhere and i'll tell u all now that when u get to my house i'll be collecting the keys and if i dont think your right to drive u wont be getting them back till the next day OK! so plan to stay and have a few. Look forward to seeing u guys.

p.s. for all the folks O/S. if u plan on a whimsical surprise visit give me a pm and i'll pick u up from Sydney- jeff, win,billb. gayle,lowell and you know who the rest of u are!

mattyb
03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
bump: just to keep u all up to date and not forgetting.

romus
03-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey Matty, thanks for the offer. I'm in too. :) It's gonna be awesome :D

Bimmerman
03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Would love to be there however duty calls and we'll be in timor! :( I'll be there in spirit and will have a beer or six for you all on the day.

romus
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
****!

I just got a wedding invite from a close friend in the mail who was supposed to merry in May...3rd June!!!!! :(

Guys I know it's a big ask but is there ANY way we can change the date???

wingman
03-27-2006, 10:59 PM
****!

I just got a wedding invite from a close friend in the mail who was supposed to merry in May...3rd June!!!!! :(

Guys I know it's a big ask but is there ANY way we can change the date???

Tell your mate to get his priorities right and change the wedding date!

wingman
03-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm in! Any Saturday in June is good, actually so is July, August... We should set up some sort of centralised communication point closer to the date to finalise details;what to bring etc. This thread is a good start though. Thanks for putting up your place!

romus
03-28-2006, 01:14 AM
It's annoying, man. When I opened the damn envelope I look in - "June..."I think oh crap "...the 3rd" I go oh phuck! What's more I hate weddings but I have to go to this one. I could skip my own wedding but not this guy's. :(

Zeuk in Oz
03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
for all the folks O/S. if u plan on a whimsical surprise visit give me a pm and i'll pick u up from Sydney- jeff, win,billb. gayle,lowell and you know who the rest of u are!

Wingman and I have to just about drive past the airport so we could always do the honours !

We could always organise a stop at Harry's as well on the way ! :D

mattyb
03-28-2006, 06:10 PM
thats a shame. when do you get back from timor?

BigKriss
04-06-2006, 02:37 AM
I was talking to Matt last night and since it's on in 8 weeks time. I better start organising this now sooner rather than later. We should meet up in Sydney somewhere and they proceed in a convey to Terrigal. I'm coming from the south of Sydney, I don't mind meeting you guys anywhere. I'm thinking we meet in Sydney around noon and then head to terrigal and get there by 1:30 pm.

Here is the approximate trip (from George St, Sydney)

http://www.nowwhereroute.com/travelmate/mapmaker/mappage.aspx?type=Sydney_nsw_Terrigal_nsw

We will meet up with Matt for some pictures of the cars together near the beach and then head to Matts for the festivites. Whats easy for you guys, were do you want to meet in Sydney?

Boom n Zoom
04-06-2006, 03:27 AM
I think......... :)

My Weekend Pass has been 'preliminarily approved' at this stage if I can get away from work on Thursday I will be driving down on Friday and possibly staying at a friends overnight.

Then onto the meet and *some* beers :) I have to drive back Sunday for Work.

If work is a pain I will drive o'night Friday. :(

Bimmerman
04-06-2006, 04:00 AM
thats a shame. when do you get back from timor?
We'll be there for about six weeks, leaving sometime in may - maintaining sat dishes blah blah blah, no way to be back around that time:( , will try to be at the next meet though!:)
I hear you can get beer at the timor golf club, so not all bad, plus we get paid in US$!!! I feel a hangover coming on...

GJPinAU
04-09-2006, 04:37 PM
May I suggest Maccas at Thornleigh, I can drive down there and it is fairly central to all prior to the F3

Bimmerman
04-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Woo Hoo! We will be back in Oz by the end of may, looks like I'll be able to make it! :) Will see you all there!

Paul in NZ
04-09-2006, 04:54 PM
<thinks>
wots the cheapest flight to sydney</thinks>

hmmm 169NZ each way plus taxes arrive friday 8 am leave tuesday
any sydney ites want a kiwi mate for the weekend?

mattyb
04-09-2006, 07:38 PM
paul. there is a train service from the airport that should be able to bring u up to the central coast, or u may need to change at central either way its easy. Gosford is the main station here. i can pick u up if u can make it and im sure one of the lads would be able to look after the return juorney. theres room here if u can come over.

cheers mattyb

Paul in NZ
04-09-2006, 07:47 PM
uh on me bluffs been called

genphreak
04-09-2006, 10:15 PM
paul. there is a train service from the airport that should be able to bring u up to the central coast, or u may need to change at central either way its easy. Gosford is the main station here. i can pick u up if u can make it and im sure one of the lads would be able to look after the return juorney. theres room here if u can come over. cheers mattyb******** Matty! If Paul made that effort he'd be getting himself a fast limo ride from the airport... ;)

genphreak
04-09-2006, 10:17 PM
May I suggest Maccas at Thornleigh, I can drive down there and it is fairly central to all prior to the F3Great Greg, I'm on for that- just set a time... I'll pack my Bently and a few tools in with the beers, jic we don't drink enough of it... :) nick

genphreak
04-09-2006, 10:21 PM
uh on me bluffs been calledJust bring her with you, a jaunt to Aus for the weekend for a bbq with ur mates is a great way to keep it real... you can score cheap accomodation of the 'appropriate style' at www.wotif.com.au (http://www.wotif.com.au), anything in downtown sydney will be fun for a day on either side of the bbq day, and is only a 30min ride from the airport... **you should come buddy**!

GJPinAU
04-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Great Greg, I'm on for that- just set a time... I'll pack my Bently and a few tools in with the beers, jic we don't drink enough of it... :) nick
If we aimed for 11:00am for a 11:30 departure. Takes about an hour from there. (in convoy)
Would that be OK Matty?
Maybe we should start a new thread for this?

rob101
04-09-2006, 10:32 PM
i would come except i just started learning dancing on the weekend, its like 4 chicks for every guy. ahhhhh "chicks vs. cars: the final showdown"

genphreak
04-09-2006, 10:33 PM
If we aimed for 11:00am for a 11:30 departure. Takes about an hour from there. (in convoy) Would that be OK Matty? Maybe we should start a new thread for this?Too easy.

Hmm an hour? Yep let's cruise, or oh- Greg are you thinking of bringing that crazy film crew along?

mattyb
04-09-2006, 11:37 PM
no worries

mattyb
04-09-2006, 11:39 PM
yeh full of luscious video clip type whores and them fancy posh drinks with them little umbreelas in

mattyb
04-09-2006, 11:39 PM
and cars aint the winner? ahh the single life, the good old days eh!

rob101
04-10-2006, 01:59 AM
trust me i spend tons of time with my cars, still its time to break the drought...... there are some yummi mummies out there, besides do i have to chose?

i just shouted my car to some new oil, castrol edge 0W-40 yeaaaaaaah we'll see how she runs should be good!

mattyb
04-10-2006, 03:23 AM
no worries u dont have to make a chioce when it comes to yummmymummys

GJPinAU
04-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Too easy.

Hmm an hour? Yep let's cruise, or oh- Greg are you thinking of bringing that crazy film crew along?
Out of favour with them at the moment. They asked me to find cars for the new 3 series ad (you've seen it - 2002 morfs into E21 up to E90). Found the 2002 but was stalled on the E21 and they ran out of patience - don't know if they used my sources but the ad looks great, don't spend enough time on the E30.

mamilapon
04-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Guys, I'm keen to be part of that meet in june. What's the program? Any ideas? Do we spend the night down there or is it a day trip.

wingman
04-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Guys, I'm keen to be part of that meet in june. What's the program? Any ideas? Do we spend the night down there or is it a day trip.

It's a fairly lengthy thread but worth reading to get the gist of what's happenning. Hope to see you there.

rob101
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
what would be the chances of me getting in on this, if i flew down for the day on june 3rd. I figure i need to have a look at some parts genphreak has anyway so it could be a good idea, as i could return with the parts in my check in luggage!

Bimmerman
04-11-2006, 07:56 PM
It would be good to see you rob, probably wanna make it overnight though and indulge in a few too many beers:D

rob101
04-11-2006, 08:01 PM
It would be good to see you rob, probably wanna make it overnight though and indulge in a few too many beers:D
well i was just thinking that i should visit my aunt who lives in wooloware anyway so its a definite possibility

lol check out what i saw peering out my window:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/k.allan/DCP_1691.JPG
if you get worried when parking at shopping centres about getting your car scratched then you couldn't cope parking at my work :p

BigKriss
04-16-2006, 10:51 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/~events/australia.html