PDA

View Full Version : Which Years Wiper Linkage will fit 92 E34??

talltorontoguy
03-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm getting conflicting information about which wiper linkages / regulators can be used in my 1992 E34 535.

Some models came with a "pressure adjusting device" which put additional pressure on the wiper for additional wiping power at high speed. I'm not sure which is which, or if have this on my existing set up. ( I don't think I do )

Part numbers are the same for all linkages. The only difference is the deletion of the pressure adjusting device from april 93 forward.

What linkage can I use? Seems logical to me that they would all fit, and if I don't use the "pressure adjusting device" so what...

Thoughts?

peterllo
03-14-2006, 12:12 PM
One of the best links there is, http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=&kind=P&series=E34&body=Lim&model=525i&zone=USA&arch=0.

Find the p/n for your car, check prior and following years, include the 3 and 7 series. I replaced my mirror glass out and added a cd changer out of an E36 and rear view mirror with and electrochromatic one from an E32.

genphreak
03-14-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm getting conflicting information about which wiper linkages / regulators can be used in my 1992 E34 535.

Some models came with a "pressure adjusting device" which put additional pressure on the wiper for additional wiping power at high speed. I'm not sure which is which, or if have this on my existing set up. ( I don't think I do )

Part numbers are the same for all linkages. The only difference is the deletion of the pressure adjusting device from april 93 forward.

What linkage can I use? Seems logical to me that they would all fit, and if I don't use the "pressure adjusting device" so what...

Thoughts?If yours is a 535i it will have the PAD. Once removed be sure to regrease the pad motor with the correct grease and reassemble exactly the way it comes apart. See Sean and Johan's page for more info, or search for my earlier posts on the subject. You need a T20 torx head, 6-13mm sockets (with a mini ratchet) and a 5mm allen key to do it all. To start you have to remove the overflow tank on a 535, but it doesn't have to be disconnected, just moved aside, just beware any brittle hoses.