PDA

View Full Version : E.A.T. Chip Installed on 535i

laguner
03-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I went back and forth on installing an EAT chip but figured I'd try it. The install took about 1/2 hour but I was really cautious not to screw it up and the 535 has metal tabs on the DME housing that need to be pried open. It was a piece of cake though! The car idles perfectly! I think I am as excited about the way the car idles as I am about the performance improvement. It definitely pulls harder, especially above 3500 rpm. All in all it is a worthwhile modification and I recommend it to anyone that wants a little more power but especially wants a smoother running motor.

kev535i
03-11-2006, 06:45 PM
welcome to the EAT club

Phatty5BMW
03-11-2006, 06:58 PM
welcome to the EAT club

Well damn you people. I wish I HAD ONE!!!!! ok thats it, who want's to give me one??? :)

MarkD
03-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Well damn you people. I wish I HAD ONE!!!!! ok thats it, who want's to give me one??? :)

Just order one, they are not all that expensive!

MarkD

smcgowan
03-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I just recently purchased a 91 535im 85k Island Green and Beige for myself. It's at the Indy's for a while. I should have it by Tax day. The EAT chip will be the first mod. I purchansed another brand chip for our 93 525i and love it. Mark's chip however I've heard nothing but great reviews and is less money. As soon as I get by the Indy's in a few day's I'll pull the computer and check the exact #. Then I'll email MarkD.

Awaiting my new baby.

Scott

Speaking of new babies. Attached is a future BMW driver she was born 3/7/06 @ 12:14pm 6 lbs 12 oz.

billb
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Speaking of new babies. Attached is a future BMW driver she was born 3/7/06 @ 12:14pm 6 lbs 12 oz.

That is AWESOME!!

KenB
03-11-2006, 10:10 PM
If you have a BMW that MarkD makes a chip for, it should be mandatory that you install one in your car if you are a member of this board. After 2 years of running the EAT chip, I still smile everytime I drive my car. It is the best!:D

I can't praise it enough and will recommend it anytime anyone around here asks about one. It's the least I can do for MarkD as I received a refund for my chip in one of Mark's promotional sales a couple of years ago. Even at full price, it's a bargain.

MarkD
03-11-2006, 10:15 PM
If you have a BMW that MarkD makes a chip for, it should be mandatory that you install one in your car if you are a member of this board. After 2 years of running the EAT chip, I still smile everytime I drive my car. It is the best!:D

I can't praise it enough and will recommend it anytime anyone around here asks about one. It's the least I can do for MarkD as I received a refund for my chip in one of Mark's promotional sales a couple of years ago. Even at full price, it's a bargain.

Hi Ken,

thanks for your post. It's odd that with all the new people here in the last 18 months, I don't think I've sold 6 chips to people from this board in the last year.

MarkD

KenB
03-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi Ken,

thanks for your post. It's odd that with all the new people here in the last 18 months, I don't think I've sold 6 chips to people from this board in the last year.

MarkD

They don't know what they're missing!!! By far the absolute best upgrade available anywhere.

smcgowan
03-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Your chip for a 93 525IA and a Turner chip for the same? Just wondering. I know I'll get an EAT for my 535:)

Alexlind123
03-11-2006, 10:36 PM
They don't know what they're missing!!! By far the absolute best upgrade available anywhere.

Hmmm...even better than 15psi of boost?

KenB
03-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Hmmm...even better than 15psi of boost?

I forgot to mention the easiness of the upgrade, if I could do it, ANYONE can!

MarkD
03-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Your chip for a 93 525IA and a Turner chip for the same? Just wondering. I know I'll get an EAT for my 535:)

About $50 :D

The performance is probably very similar. One of two people who tried the other brand said that mine was slightly better. The main difference is price.

MarkD

Traian
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
I will get an EAT chip for sure once I raise the cash. Problem is, when I have $200 sitting around, I'd rather put it in the piggy bank and wait for something to break rather than spend it on a mod...

ThoreauHD
03-12-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, I am interested in your chip Mark. I've sent you an email to see if you have one available for my car.

genphreak
03-12-2006, 01:25 AM
Hi Ken, thanks for your post. It's odd that with all the new people here in the last 18 months, I don't think I've sold 6 chips to people from this board in the last year. MarkDI think I made this point before, but most of us are busy replacing things that stop e34s running these days. e36, e39 and etc. customers would be far more numerous buyers?

I find this a giant shame as the work you have done making and providing these is hardly trivial and is without a doubt the best in the world. Plus it is so simple for any owner to install. Plus it is so enormously enjoyed by every customer one can find. Let alone a bargain at twice the price. The verdict is clear in this community- no-one should have a BMW without major ECU mods or an EAT chip.

That said I still don't have one.. and have experienced the night and day difference in Big Kriss's M30. I've spent over $2000 on rebuilding my engine, over a $1000 on my suspension and am yet to replace the brakes. They are now below 3mm so am waiting for the day my brake warning comes up. Every one of these expenditures has been way over, but I make sure everything is new and done right. The thing that stops me getting an EAT chip is simply that it is a discretionary spend; the cost of all these things and that every one was a has to be done thing.

I am still gathering parts for the brake job even, just got some e32 fronty rotors, calipers, pads and 4 caliper rebuild kits are soon to be on their way from BMA... I can't wait till I stop spending money on this car and can choose to allow myself an EAT chip... and get a chance to enjoy it. :) Nick

laguner
03-12-2006, 07:17 AM
I learned about the E.A.T. chip from this site but ordered it from the E.A.T. website. So I'm not sure you can tell where the orders are coming from Mark. I love your product but you have a lot of competition from E-Bay. I'm sure you could sell more if the price came down. There are a lot of chips on E-Bay for $80. That said, I bought yours anyway because it is the best you can get!

MarkD
03-12-2006, 08:54 AM
I learned about the E.A.T. chip from this site but ordered it from the E.A.T. website. So I'm not sure you can tell where the orders are coming from Mark. I love your product but you have a lot of competition from E-Bay. I'm sure you could sell more if the price came down. There are a lot of chips on E-Bay for $80. That said, I bought yours anyway because it is the best you can get!

In your case I could not tell. But what I did in November is create various PRODUCTS pages (the one with the BUY buttons) that have prices that vary by a few cents. Each one is linked to from a different forum. Only the PRODUCTS page directly on my site has the $199 US prices. The others have prices like 199.88 etc, so I can tell which forum the sale comes from. Also, I assume most sales from this board would be for E34 535 chips, which are now a small component of the total EAT chip sales. I sell quite a few more of the M20 chips for the E30.

Please send me an emailso I know who you are. And maybe you would like to add yourself to the EAT chip owners map.

I have no plans to compete with copies of other chips which are being illegally sold on Ebay. The sellers of those items don't develop anything - just copy other people's work, and in a few cases they make dangerous mods to the chips also.

Mark

laguner
03-12-2006, 12:39 PM
I have added myself to the map and chose your product because it is better than the others. My only point regarding E-Bay is there is a lot of competition out there but I still chose your product because of the justified enthusiasm of people on this site. Thanks for producing a great product that is a great value too! When you look at intakes or exhausts and horsepower per dollar, it is obvious that the E.A.T. chip is a great deal.

rslzk
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
i have a 1993 525i vanos and bought chip on sunday, waiting by the mailbox right now. will add my name to map

MarkD
03-13-2006, 10:08 AM
i have a 1993 525i vanos and bought chip on sunday, waiting by the mailbox right now. will add my name to map

Where did you order it from? I just checked my PayPal, no direct orders arrived over the weekend.

Did you order from Bavarian Tuning? That explains it. I did get one order from there. Your chip should be shipped from Ohio on Tuesday.

Thanks

MarkD

sailor4seattle
03-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Another newbie quesiton... I am thinking of "chippping" and hear alot about Dinan. How's EAT compare to Dinan?
Thanks -- Michael
(E34, 535i stick)

ILoveMPower
03-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Don't worry man, the only chip I'm interested in in E.A.T.!

Just have to wait for the funds to catch up with my big plans ;)

Evan
03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
wow! God bless her

Evan
03-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Mark, it sounds like it's time for another Chip Special!

Loppy
03-14-2006, 01:57 PM
No excuses guys. I just wandered into this site a month ago and ordered my EAT chip about a week ago. I'm still running to my mailbox every day and cant wait to get my fingers on it.

I emailed and talked to Mark a few times. Great customer service, and he wants to make sure you get the right thing the first time. If mine had the EWS, he was even willing to send me an expensive reader to get my ECM's program. That is straight up cool. When I pulled it and found out it was a 404, I was stoked as he could send me one "off the shelf".

Mark is nothing but great to deal with and makes the best product. I'll get on the map and write up a full report when I get her in.

Thanks Mark!!!

jeff in Fair Oaks, CA

dt8068
03-14-2006, 02:38 PM
How much power is gained with an EAT chip for the M60 4.0L (horsepower and torque gains)?

Because I can't decide between EAT and Conforti (Turner motorsport).
Apparantly the conforti max gains are 19hp @3000 and torque is 33lb-ft @3000.

I have heard the EAT is as good if not better, and since its $50 less than conforti I am considering it.

Loppy
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Good question. Mark, you still around? Do you have numbers for the 4.0L M60?

Alexlind123
03-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Does anyone have a dyno for the m30 before and after chipping?

Robert K
03-14-2006, 09:02 PM
When fuel started running around $3.00 a gallon here in Kentucky, I took my chip out so I could run regular fuel. Even though fuels is a bit more reasonable now ($2.25 regular) I still haven't put the chip back in. At this point in time, it's not worth paying for the higher priced fuel just to have a bit of extra acceleration now and again. I suppose I may reinstall it one of these days. Not sure though.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i

smcgowan
03-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Nice. I ordered one tonight. You have to love the Easter sale:) Thanks Mark.

A couple questions. For the 535 late M30 you have a stock/6.5/6.8k rev chips. Other than the few hundred rpms of the upper end. are they mapped different? Whats your recommended shift points?

rslzk
03-15-2006, 07:41 PM
mark-

it must be mine, order below;

Company: BAVARIAN TUNING
Reference Number: 427182EA-44146D4F-106-5FED2

i didn't get back to you, been down @ the mailbox!!
i hope to install this weekend

thanks

MarkD
03-15-2006, 07:48 PM
mark-

it must be mine, order below;

i didn't get back to you, been down @ the mailbox!!
i hope to install this weekend

thanks

My friend who ships from Columbus was out on business this weekend till Tuesday, I hope he has shipped it. I'll try to find out later this evening. He has not sent me the shipping report so I think something has delayed him...

Mark

diamond777
03-15-2006, 11:26 PM
i oredered mine ten days ago and called my middleman to find out what is going on. he said it was someone elses fault(mark are you listening) i was then told that it would be shipped direct to me .here it is wednesday- no fed ex -no ups no nothing WTF dinan here i come

liquidtiger720
03-15-2006, 11:30 PM
be patient.

diamond777
03-15-2006, 11:41 PM
i will try . i ordered a chip from mark directly in november. never heard a thing until i contacted back 3 times for my eta. then i was told they would send me one to test out NOTHING i am getting pretty pissed.. how do you order these things and actually recieve them DO I HAVE TO GO TO CANADA?????????

MarkD
03-16-2006, 03:06 PM
i will try . i ordered a chip from mark directly in november. never heard a thing until i contacted back 3 times for my eta. then i was told they would send me one to test out NOTHING i am getting pretty pissed.. how do you order these things and actually recieve them DO I HAVE TO GO TO CANADA?????????

I usually try to answer emails within 3 to 5 days. I get many every day. In the case of the SUPER ETA chip, you asked for a chip I don't even make, I had started testing it but it was not complete.

I have my chips for USA orders shipped by someone in the USA who is often out of town, He may have shipped but not yet sent me the tracking numbers. I may have to find someone else who can ship for me, but the current person who ships does it as a favour and that helps keep the prices down. If you would rather have a Dinan chip, that's fine with me. You have not even paid anything for your chip yet (Steve Haygood told me that a few minutes ago) so I don't understand why you were so rude to him on the phone.

MarkD

MarkD
03-16-2006, 03:13 PM

You ordered a chip in November? I just checked my PayPal and there is NO ORDER FROM YOU.

Ordering a chip means you sent a payment. That is when a chip is considered to be ORDERED.

Steve Haygood said you plan to mention your experience on the forums. Go ahead if that's what you want to do. If you can wait a few more days I'll see if your chip was shipped out and send a Fedex shipment to Steve with your included if it was not. That's the best I can offer.

MarkD

diamond777
03-16-2006, 04:10 PM
mark i would like to have an eat chip. but i have ordered TWO from you and not reciecved either one . what should i do ?????.give feedback that your chip is the best .

diamond777
03-16-2006, 04:13 PM
dont hand me the bs that i did not order or pay for one of these.you told me through steve that you were going to ship me a chip for my 88 eta and let me try it for free..(ring a bell) and now i have ordered again and no chip, no fed ex# no nothing.IF you are going to send my chip,great but if you are not or are not capable of having it done please let me know so i wont keep going to my mailbox in anticipation of something that never got shipped!!!

dacoyote
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM
diamond777,

I know you feel like you got cheated. That said... a public forum isn't the place to hash out what looks like a miss understanding.

Mark D is a good guy and will make it better.

diamond777
03-16-2006, 04:53 PM
you know dacoyte a public forum is exactly where this issue should be adressed.it was from the public forum i got the idea to get the chip in the first place and since i got bad service i should keep it to myself... so just print the good and not the bad right? watergate ??? i spent 30 minutes on the phone with dsylva who said he was going to ship chip out ?? we shall see ??? :(

rslzk
03-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Mark , still no chip as of todays mail, did you find out anything about my order?
order below;

MarkD
03-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Mark , still no chip as of todays mail, did you find out anything about my order?
order below;

I sent Nick the tracking info yesterday and assumed he would send it to you.

Your order was shipped today vis USPS Priority Post, I will send you the tracking number in an email.

Mark

diamond777
03-17-2006, 11:48 PM
you know what mark this ********. it has been 2 weeks since i ordered this ,told it was sent twice and now the tracking number ONLY indicates that electronic info received which means nothing but a hand job.no tracking info whatsoever.And YOU told me YOU would send it to me today after a half hour phone call to canada.this is not good and i am ordering a chip from jim conforti same chip difference is it will probably get delivered not horseshit stories. thanks for sticking by your word:( :( NOT

BigKriss
03-18-2006, 01:54 AM
go away

you know what mark this ********. it has been 2 weeks since i ordered this ,told it was sent twice and now the tracking number ONLY indicates that electronic info received which means nothing but a hand job.no tracking info whatsoever.And YOU told me YOU would send it to me today after a half hour phone call to canada.this is not good and i am ordering a chip from jim conforti same chip difference is it will probably get delivered not horseshit stories. thanks for sticking by your word:( :( NOT

Evan
03-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Mark, I've been thinking about buying one of your chips for some time now and I've decided I'm ordering one at the end of March. I look forward to adding my car to the owner's map.

diamond777
03-18-2006, 07:46 AM
mind your own business big kriss:p

MarkD
03-18-2006, 08:47 AM

You are the one that turned what should have been a 3 minute conversation into a 30 minute one of goinging around in circles. I even told you to go get a Dinan chip when you said that would be as good. I also told you that if I found the chip had not been shipped, I would send it by Fedex but if it had been shipped or would get shipped on Friday via USPS, I would not send you one as both methods would get it to you no earlier than Monday. And you didn't have to call me, I told Steve Haygood I would call you but you said you didn't need to talk to me.

You know exactly what I told you. I'm not discussing anymore of this here as it's pointless. I should have insisted that you buy some other chip, now yours has been sent out.

Mark

P.S. for the others here: Maybe you are wondering when chips actually get sent out after placing an order. I have a friend ships the U.S. orders from Columbus Ohio. Many of you have probably heard of him as he is active on many of the yahoo groups list such as the e34 m5 and s38 lists. He is sometimes out of town during the week on business. Last week he ran out of chips and then due to a small surge in sales, ran out of USPS Priority Post envelopes also. I'm going to add an update to my site saying that a chip may take 7 days to be shipped as he usually ships on weekends.

MarkD
03-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Mark, I've been thinking about buying one of your chips for some time now and I've decided I'm ordering one at the end of March. I look forward to adding my car to the owner's map.

Thanks Evan.

Mark

diamond777
03-18-2006, 10:00 AM
if it just took a week to ship this out we would have never had this conversation at all but here it is two weeks and i have still not recieved a chip that should take TWO days to get here,and a tracking number that says nothing. guess i will just keep my fingers crossed and hope it comes some day next week :)

rslzk
03-20-2006, 03:15 PM
mark-

chip arrived in todays post, hope to put it in tomorrow!!

thanks for the help

ray

MarkD
03-20-2006, 03:21 PM
mark-

chip arrived in todays post, hope to put it in tomorrow!!

thanks for the help

ray

Your welcome Ray.

Some retired guy in Arizona also got his chip at 9:39 am today but now he's going to say his Turner or Dinan chip arrived also! At least he doesn't have to go check his mailbox every morning now. :D

MarkD

athflying79
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Your welcome Ray.

Some retired guy in Arizona also got his chip at 9:39 am today but now he's going to say his Turner or Dinan chip arrived also! At least he doesn't have to go check his mailbox every morning now. :D

MarkD

Retired or retarded??

Kalevera
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Gary Derian? :)

Just a guess...

MarkD
03-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Gary Derian? :)

Just a guess...

Correct! (sorry you don't win anything) :p

Mark

diamond777
03-20-2006, 10:58 PM
ha ha ha because i waited nearly three weeks to get a chip that takes two days to deliver doesnt make me retarded or maybe it does in your book- that shows your low level of intelligence.whatever *******s. yah i got the chip no i am not retarded or retired for that matter.but i got my chip. i certainly hope it will be worth all this aggravation:(

kev535i
03-21-2006, 12:01 AM
so do we! we are sick of reading about it

Barry
03-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Mark,just a small reminder..e-mailed you in Dec 2005 enquiring about your chip for my 535 South African spec..perhaps I ended up archived??
Barry

MarkD
03-21-2006, 06:50 AM
Mark,just a small reminder..e-mailed you in Dec 2005 enquiring about your chip for my 535 South African spec..perhaps I ended up archived??
Barry

Barry,

I was out of the country for most of December. Then on Jan 18 I had a hard disk crash and lost all emails. They were recovered in Feb. I just searched them and sent you a response.

Thanks

Mark

MarkD
03-21-2006, 07:32 AM
ha ha ha because i waited nearly three weeks to get a chip that takes two days to deliver doesnt make me retarded or maybe it does in your book- that shows your low level of intelligence.whatever *******s. yah i got the chip no i am not retarded or retired for that matter.but i got my chip. i certainly hope it will be worth all this aggravation:(

I only mentioned you were retired because that is what I was sure you told me when you called. That is why you had lots of time available and offered to send out the chips for me for 6 months in exchange for a chip.

Sorry if I heard wrong.

MarkD

diamond777
03-21-2006, 08:27 AM
i am semi retired , mark but anyways thanks for sending the chip out finally,again i hope it works out.:)

diamond777
03-21-2006, 08:29 AM
i would still be happy to send chips out to you i can be to p.o. about 2 or 3 times a week regards mike

Barry
03-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Mark, Got it,thanks..Will chat via mail.

rslzk
03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
just installed my new chip, took all of 15 minutes, i'd like to just say
NICE

thanks mark

laguner
03-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Just an update! I have really been enjoying my chip. The responsiveness on the highway is great. In a long line of traffic on the highway when you're on and off the throttle, it takes so much less pedal than it used to! The car screams when you kick it into overdrive. Thanks Mark. I am definitely a satisfied customer and I'm a critical Professional Engineer and a car freak.

NickT
03-26-2006, 04:47 AM
Hi Ray,

Nick Talbot from Bavarian Tuning. Apologies for the delay. Glad you're happy with the chip.