PDA

View Full Version : Megasquirt is built

bjl4776
03-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Put the MS together and everything test out as it should. Goining home this weekend and goin to try to figure out what to do with the crank trigger and what sensors im going to need and so on, and have them ordered. The assembly is not hard at all. I have never done soldering on a PCB and I did it in a good solid 5-6 hours, but nothing was overly hard. The instructions were great and they make much more sense when you have everything in front of you.

Robin-535im
03-10-2006, 06:47 PM
What building do you have to do? Connect to wiring harness, or is it pc-board level stuff?

bjl4776
03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
It is everything. I made the actual PCM, which is board level stuff, now I have to wire the harness and sensors and injectors and such.

Adnan
03-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi,

Your mention of a crank trigger prompts the question; did you build SnS?

Regards,
Adnan

Jon K
03-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Put the MS together and everything test out as it should. Goining home this weekend and goin to try to figure out what to do with the crank trigger and what sensors im going to need and so on, and have them ordered. The assembly is not hard at all. I have never done soldering on a PCB and I did it in a good solid 5-6 hours, but nothing was overly hard. The instructions were great and they make much more sense when you have everything in front of you.

Brandyn by the way. Please let me know how many teeth are after the gap on the 60-2 wheel. I can't get under my car (too low_ to find TDC and I think my crank position settings are wrong... please let me know ASAP.

bjl4776
03-11-2006, 11:32 AM
It is MS-I v3.0. There isnt much of a difference between normal MS and MSnS-E as far as hardware. I built it for normal MS so i know everything working, but i am going to mod it for MSnS-E. Already flashed the MSnS-E firmware to the chip and it works. All I have to do to the board to make it work is change it from hall effect to VR, change the idle solenoid circuit, and add the ignition drivers. After that I just have to wire everything up.

Jon, im not sure what your question is, but im going home tonight so I should be able to look at whatever you need. I have a couple of questions for you about the ignition drivers, and what i should setup on Megatune.

nariusb
03-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Would it be benifitial on m20 525i? I know it has something to do with fuel injection, right? Would EAT chip I have work with it?

bjl4776
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Megasquirt is a standalone PCM. It would take the place of your stock PCM and wiring harness. It would not be benifical on your engine unless you plan on doing major modifications such as turbo or s/c. Since it replaces your stock PCM your EAT chip would not work anymore.

Booster
03-15-2006, 03:49 PM
The more I follow the MS threads around , the more I think I'll do it for two of my cars as standalone. I hope all goes well for your swap. I'm sure I'll need a few pointers from both you and Jon regarding this.
Are you Turbo charging your M50 like Jon and I are ?
Vinny