PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Sorry about the outage, I'm a frigging idiot. I went to work without checking the board and I ended up having to come back home to reconnect the HTTP server to the DB server. Nothing was down, just the servers wern't talking to each other!

billb
03-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Hope you got to bring a demo home to do the work!!

onewhippedpuppy
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Considering that you provide us all this board free of charge, I think you deserve a little slack.

Scott H
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
This will go down on your permanent record.

Next time we will have you paged at work. I can just hear the PA system in the lot "pshht.....Ed please go home and reset your website Crappie.com and Bimmer.info. The members are restless....pshhht"

Sorry about the outage, I'm a frigging idiot. I went to work without checking the board and I ended up having to come back home to reconnect the HTTP server to the DB server. Nothing was down, just the servers wern't talking to each other!

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Hey, you got my number Scott, you coulda called. It's all your fauilt! Or just call Denny if he was working from home he coulda swung over and reset it for us!

Next time we will have you paged at work. I can just hear the PA system in the lot "pshht.....Ed please go home and reset your website Crappie.com and Bimmer.info. The members are restless....pshhht"

dacoyote
03-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Thx for all you do Ed....

Scott H
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
of helpdesk finger pointing. :D

It's your fault, you own and operate the system.....it's my fault, I'm a user who failed to give proper feedback......

this ticket is closed

Hey, you got my number Scott, you coulda called. It's all your fauilt! Or just call Denny if he was working from home he coulda swung over and reset it for us!

wingman
03-10-2006, 05:06 PM
I was starting to panic. I'm changing my dogbones today and I was going to print up all the tips and info last night (it's currently 09.15 Saturday here). It made me realise what a vital resource this great board is.

diamond777
03-10-2006, 05:10 PM
glad to hear everything is cool keep on blogging!!!:D

Jr ///M5
03-10-2006, 05:18 PM

And just what are you doing on the board? Shouldn't you be doing someone's taxes??? Man, I smell some audits this year..:D

Some customer on the lot only hears something about "Crappie bimmers" and drives off to the Lexus dealer.....

Ed, don't get your ass fired because of this board, you know how we are, but your family comes first....even though we're like family here, like Scott says, just don't let it happen again! :p Too many members are having withdrawls...

Your FRIEND,;)
Jr

Zeuk in Oz
03-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Thank you for all the thankless work, ed.
Your blood's worth bottling !

E34-520iSE
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
I thought there'd been some trouble and the whole board got shut down.
So glad to see that all is well!

Cheers,

Shaun

M20Turbo
03-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Many thanks Ed.....