PDA

View Full Version : My beemer has an attitude.. stalls

danidanko
03-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Hi.. I own a 86 528e with about 190+ miles on it (speedo broke)

The problem is random. Sometimes it starts fine and runs fine. other times it starts on the 3rd or 4th try. sometimes when I come up to a stop ligth the engine dies, but runs fine after I restart it. other times it dies frequently, and other times It runs solid.

I've read some threads that mentioned that the fuel pump might be the culprit. I wanted to get some more info before forking out $150 bucks. anyone ever rebuilt one of those? where is it located?

also the automatic windows didn't work for about a week, and then all of a sudden started working again. what's up with that?

Thank you very much. any advice is greatly appreciated. :(

clhorton
03-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Do you mean your BIMMER has a problem?

SRR2
03-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Fusible link cracked? Dunno where it's located in an E28 'tho, so can't help you with that.

Jeez, I had an '86 E28 535 for three years until the E34 arrived in '89, and for the life of me, I couldn't tell you where the battery was in it. Isn't that awful. Chances are the fusible link is near the battery.

Phatty5BMW
03-09-2006, 07:58 AM
I have a 528e also and for the windows, there is a little black switch on the panel under the steering wheel, check to make sure that the switch is pushed. I had the problem of the switch getting pushed and my windows didn't work then started ripping stuff apart and finally realized it was that little black switch came unplugged. Good luck, 528e's go forever!!

Pat