PDA

View Full Version : M60 Clutch Bleeding?

onewhippedpuppy
03-07-2006, 02:47 PM
I know the typical routine, do all four brakes and then the clutch bleed, but how do I address the seperate clutch reservoir? Do I leave the pressure bleeder on the main reservoir to do the brakes AND the clutch, or do I swap it to the clutch reservoir to bleed the clutch? Thanks for the help, I couldn't find anything with a search.

winfred
03-07-2006, 03:33 PM
if you are just swapping fluid gravity will do the job fine, suck the old fluid out of the reservior and fill with clean then just open the bleeder and let it flow

onewhippedpuppy
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks winfred. Should I do this in conjunction with the pressure bleeder on the brake reservoir, or will just gravity suffice for getting the bubbles out? I suspect that I have air in the system and need a bleed, the clutch has an inconsistent feel to it.

winfred
03-07-2006, 08:28 PM
a pressure bleeder wouldn't hurt anything, but if it's flowing well gravity is usually enough

Thanks winfred. Should I do this in conjunction with the pressure bleeder on the brake reservoir, or will just gravity suffice for getting the bubbles out? I suspect that I have air in the system and need a bleed, the clutch has an inconsistent feel to it.