PDA

View Full Version : The official Biggest e34 Meet Website is up

Brandon J
03-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Here is the site: http://www.bimmer.info/~events/ If you are planning on coming, please register so we can get a head count. Also, don't forget to organize caravans. I will try to help and show stats on # of people from each area. I am still looking into a dinner or a night at a brewery for Friday night.

dacoyote
03-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Sweet... Think Ed will sticky it?

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Very nice Brandon. Good looking and very well designed. It's going to be a heck of an event. I'll even attend this time!

kyleN20
03-06-2006, 07:48 PM
id attend if it was in my town, hell i might even go this year, but il have to be farther on my e34 then i am now.

Jay 535i
03-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Sounds great! Count me in!

Although I do hope it gets more exciting than hanging out in a parking lot from 11-4.

Brandon J
03-06-2006, 10:09 PM

Although I do hope it gets more exciting than hanging out in a parking lot from 11-4.

I will update the site, but I will hold something Friday night too. We might all agree to go somewhere afterwards when the sun goes down. Let me update it. There is also a lot to do in Downtown Chicago. If you want we can plan a Saturday night in downtown. It is a lot of fun during the summer.

Qube
03-06-2006, 10:45 PM

Eh, who else but me and you from local?

Crap, this means I actually have to take off the grill piece and refinish/paint it ;)

Some drive :) http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=1661+Denison+St,+Unionville,+ON,+Canada&daddr=1+E+Higgins+Rd,+Elk+Grove+Village,+IL+60007+ %4042.028096,-87.987205&sll=42.70066,-83.636375&sspn=4.618254,14.80957&ll=42.714732,-83.649902&spn=4.617054,14.80957&t=h

Mental Note: have to do a local meet...

winfred
03-06-2006, 11:54 PM
shorter then if i was to go, 16.5 hours and 938 miles

Some drive :) http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&saddr=1661+Denison+St,+Unionville,+ON,+Canada&daddr=1+E+Higgins+Rd,+Elk+Grove+Village,+IL+60007+ %4042.028096,-87.987205&sll=42.70066,-83.636375&sspn=4.618254,14.80957&ll=42.714732,-83.649902&spn=4.617054,14.80957&t=h

Mental Note: have to do a local meet...

Phatty5BMW
03-07-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm there too for sure, won't be the best looking but hey its an e34 right? :D

Pat

DaCan23
03-07-2006, 09:22 AM
You can put a very likely maybe from the NorthEast...

Will we be able to talk OT at the meet or is it limited to E34 talk? hahahhahah

dacoyote
03-07-2006, 10:22 AM
You can put a very likely maybe from the NorthEast...

Will we be able to talk OT at the meet or is it limited to E34 talk? hahahhahah

There will be mods there with duct tape....

Off topic discussion will get one banned :-)

Jay 535i
03-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Will there be some kind of group scenic drive through the glorious wilderness of southern Illinois (or something like that)?

Does anyone think it would be worth trying to get some real motoring press to turn up?

How 'bout we all chip in and hire some live music for the parking lot scene? Just a thought.

dacoyote
03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Will there be some kind of group scenic drive through the glorious wilderness of southern Illinois (or something like that)?

Does anyone think it would be worth trying to get some real motoring press to turn up?

How 'bout we all chip in and hire some live music for the parking lot scene? Just a thought.

I can play the kazzo.... :-)

Jay 535i
03-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I can play the kazzo.... :-)

I can play the guitar ... poorly. :)

You can double on kazoo.

Hey, I signed up yesterday and it still says "Canada: 0".

DaCan23
03-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Southern Illinois? Are we doing a cannonball run around the state?

dacoyote
03-07-2006, 02:40 PM
I can play the guitar ... poorly. :)

You can double on kazoo.

Hey, I signed up yesterday and it still says "Canada: 0".

Thats because we are going to blame Canada if anything goes wrong... :-)

Jay 535i
03-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Southern Illinois? Are we doing a cannonball run around the state?

Well, not that far. I was just kidding. But some kind of group scenic drive might be fun.

Scott H
03-07-2006, 02:58 PM
It takes a couple hours to get to anywhere "scenic" in IL.... :D

Well, not that far. I was just kidding. But some kind of group scenic drive might be fun.

Torque
03-07-2006, 02:59 PM
It's a 6 hour drive from me ... but it sounds tempting as hell.

DaCan23
03-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I remember some nice "scenic" areas around midway when I flew in/out of there a few years ago....

How is that airport nowadays, are the renovations done?

It takes a couple hours to get to anywhere "scenic" in IL.... :D

Brandon J
03-07-2006, 04:10 PM

We will plan a drive, but not much scenic around there. We will be around the forest preserves. We chose the site because if somene needs to take the wife and kids, there is plenty to do for them while we have our meet.

We are working on the Roundel showing up.

As far as music, you mean that you would rather listen to music than me chewing your ear off about every bolt size I know in the e34.

Jay 535i
03-07-2006, 07:02 PM
It's a 6 hour drive from me ... but it sounds tempting as hell.

I'm driving 9 hours to be there!

Brandon, it would be background music, man. :)

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with the scenic stuff. I didn't expect to see "The Seven Natural Wonders of the American Midwest" or anything like that. I just meant that it seems a meet like this ought to have some kind of driving component. Besides the trip there, that is. A chance to check out each other's rides in motion, y'know?

Brandon J
03-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm driving 9 hours to be there!

Brandon, it would be background music, man. :)

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with the scenic stuff. I didn't expect to see "The Seven Natural Wonders of the American Midwest" or anything like that. I just meant that it seems a meet like this ought to have some kind of driving component. Besides the trip there, that is. A chance to check out each other's rides in motion, y'know?

I am going to do my best to incorporate a driving component. Getting video and pictures of all the cars lined up bumper to bumper is a great portrait.

peks
03-07-2006, 11:31 PM
but my e34 might hurt your eyes...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/peks/damage.jpg

Scott H
03-07-2006, 11:35 PM
did I miss something?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/peks/damage.jpg

peks
03-07-2006, 11:37 PM
been like that for a while.. little crashcident about a year and a half ago. patched it together and running it into the ground.. not worth any cosmetic repairs to me, but it still drives like a dream:)

Brandon J
03-07-2006, 11:44 PM

I bet with all the knowledge and resources we have, we could probably fix that car during the meet.:p

peks
03-07-2006, 11:46 PM
youll need some big hammers. you dont wanna see behind that bumper. hmm..student pay sucks..

Phatty5BMW
03-08-2006, 12:25 AM
I bet with all the knowledge and resources we have, we could probably fix that car during the meet.:p

So beings your sayin that you want to help me with a few while we are there. I'll even get Ed to help :P

Brandon J
03-08-2006, 12:56 AM
So beings your sayin that you want to help me with a few while we are there. I'll even get Ed to help :P

Me and my big mouth.

dacoyote
03-08-2006, 09:35 AM
youll need some big hammers. you dont wanna see behind that bumper. hmm..student pay sucks..

I got a 35pound sledge....

Scott H
03-08-2006, 12:03 PM
3 hour Full suspension swap and restoration (4 hours if you want LAD eliminated) :D

Me and my big mouth.

Phatty5BMW
03-09-2006, 02:05 PM
3 hour Full suspension swap and restoration (4 hours if you want LAD eliminated) :D

Somebody want to bring some stuff to remove door dings? :D

DaCan23
03-09-2006, 02:26 PM
LOL... I'd make an appt for that too.... just got a bad one on my new door (1.5 yr old one) was sooooooooooooo pissed. bastards....

Jay 535i
03-10-2006, 02:44 PM

That's actually NOT a bad idea.

I know it's not the purpose of the meet, but maybe we could leverage our numbers to secure some discounted on-site service during the meet. Dent removal and glass repair are two things that come to mind that can be done in a parking lot. No doubt we could find someone willing to negotiate for exclusive rights to de-dent or re-glass several of us in one go.

I sure would like to replace my 15-year-old pitted windshield.

Just a thought.

Derek A.
03-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I got a Dell video projector. We could have a screening on Ronin or The Blues Brothers in the park...is there a monster BBQ planned ?.. Gotta imagine parking for our cars downtown Chicago will be expensive...Anything else on the agneda yet ??

Brandon J
03-11-2006, 06:51 PM
I got a Dell video projector. We could have a screening on Ronin or The Blues Brothers in the park...is there a monster BBQ planned ?.. Gotta imagine parking for our cars downtown Chicago will be expensive...Anything else on the agneda yet ??

I don't think there are any outlets in the picnic area so we would need a generator.

Phatty5BMW
03-11-2006, 07:17 PM
LOL... I'd make an appt for that too.... just got a bad one on my new door (1.5 yr old one) was sooooooooooooo pissed. bastards....

Soo... Uhh.... Any door ding people around here??? I got some $$$$ :D

brodee
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
I'm going to try and make it up there. 1141 miles for me but I can stay in Kansas for free on the way up and back.

Anyone else from Texas want to go?

Brandon J
03-13-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm going to try and make it up there. 1141 miles for me but I can stay in Kansas for free on the way up and back.

Anyone else from Texas want to go?

bimmerdood is trying to make it. Maybe contact him.

dacoyote
03-13-2006, 12:33 PM
bimmerdood is trying to make it. Maybe contact him.

Latest rumor I heard was that he wasn't... who knows....

E34 530
03-14-2006, 02:11 PM

Hey, I just might take you up on that lol. Are people really willing to put my suspension in for free lol???

Scott H
03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
it was hard to get the guy to commit a sunday which was when we had it. They also need to bring a tent so that they can put shade on the car and see the dings better. I can call around to see what/if we can arrange such a thing this time...

Scott H
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
I'd offer up movie time at my house but that's just too many people....

also, this is in the west burbs of Chicago nearer to Ohare airport.....I don't think we'll be doing anything downtown....in reality....it's just a logistical nightmare unless downtown was the center of the meet anyway

Scott H
03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
it's wise to try it in a forest preserve parking lot since something might break or a wrong part discovered.....rendering the car undriveable.

Again, I'd offer my place but it's just too many people.

Hey, I just might take you up on that lol. Are people really willing to put my suspension in for free lol???

Jay 535i
03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
it was hard to get the guy to commit a sunday which was when we had it. They also need to bring a tent so that they can put shade on the car and see the dings better. I can call around to see what/if we can arrange such a thing this time...

It's all in how you phrase it, I think. Tell the guy that he'll have exclusive access to the world's largest captive audience of 15-year-old BMWs and their fastidious, enthusiast owners. That should get him off his ass.

I don't see how he can refuse, frankly. If he shows up and does one or two cars as a demo, I bet people will start lining up. I would.

Scott H
03-14-2006, 05:56 PM
That's hilarious....he'll reply "I can't fix rust.....click" :D

.......Tell the guy that he'll have exclusive access to the world's largest captive audience of 15-year-old BMWs and their fastidious, enthusiast owners......

No one gets up on a Saturday to go work without getting paid. Typically I call the better BMW dealers in the area and find out who their dent subcontractor is. Then I call them to see if they feel like ignoring their kids on a Saturday to meet a few jackoffs in the forest preserve. They get skittish and run. I don't blame them. LOL

.......I don't see how he can refuse, frankly. If he shows up and does one or two cars as a demo, I bet people will start lining up. I would.

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-15-2006, 10:37 PM
I added a link to the meet on the home page:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/index.php

Brandon J
03-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks Ed.

Jr ///M5
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
NEWSFLASH....dateline March 20th 2006, 4:22pm

We have the blessing of Satch Carlson with the Roundel to cover the event.

IT WILL BE A PUBLISHED EVENT IN THE ROUNDEL!!!!

DON'T miss the opportunity to be a part of BMW history in the making.

Special Thanks to all involved in making it happen in the first place goes to....

BRANDON J. and his accomplices, plus his dear mother...
SCOTT H. (tech savy certified BMW *******) :p
ED M. (without ed's board, this could not happen)
KRIS (DV M5) (one of the nicest people I've ever met)

Here's your chance to meet some of the folks that "make it happen"...

SO REGISTER HERE...http://www.bimmer.info/~events/ and make plans to attend the event!

See you there!
Jr

Bimmer Nut Ed
03-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Awsome news. The Roundel. We've made the big time.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my four E34's to the event. My two, and two additional virtual "family members" E34's that I bought.

Heck, I've 5 others, my 2 7's a Z3 and my two cycles. What a freaking BMW nut I am. I need to get me that roundel tatoo I keep talking about.

DaCan23
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Harbor Freight sells a tow rope for about $5... so buy 10 of them and set it up like a BMW train... I think I've seen someone doing this down south so I'm sure you'll be ok... lol

Awsome news. The Roundel. We've made the big time.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my four E34's to the event. My two, and two additional virtual "family members" E34's that I bought.

Heck, I've 5 others, my 2 7's a Z3 and my two cycles. What a freaking BMW nut I am. I need to get me that roundel tatoo I keep talking about.

632 Regal
03-27-2006, 03:18 PM
I wonder if Ill be the only guy in a space suit...

angrypancake
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
maybe i'll dress as captain planet. i still plan on jumping off the roof of said hotel into the pool. perhaps in my captain planet outfit.

632 Regal
03-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Bring your Bicycle

maybe i'll dress as captain planet. i still plan on jumping off the roof of said hotel into the pool. perhaps in my captain planet outfit.

angrypancake
03-28-2006, 12:00 AM
i think i need a tricycle
hey, 1000! **** i was gonna do something special for it.

dacoyote
03-28-2006, 12:06 AM

I will have my video camera..... it will either be cool... or it will get you on Max X....

dacoyote
03-28-2006, 12:07 AM
i think i need a tricycle
hey, 1000! **** i was gonna do something special for it.

I would suggest playing with yourself... :-)

632 Regal
03-28-2006, 12:10 AM
a suppository?

I would suggest playing with yourself... :-)

dacoyote
03-30-2006, 03:44 PM
a suppository?

if thats what you are in to..... sure... sick bastard

Gayle
04-11-2006, 05:43 AM

Hey Ed. I'll drive one for you. I am going to be there without my car this year. Staying with the sister in law on the lake front next to navy pier. And I am really not as crazy a driver as has been alleged on other threads.

Brandon J
04-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Are you sure about the driving? Hmmm. :D Anyways, even if you are not bringing your e34, please do register so that I can get the head count for food. You will also be on the mailing list to receive important updates. I live 10 minutes away from Navy Pier in Lincoln Park. I believe bimmerdood the guy who flicked you off at bimmerfest, might fly in also to attend the meet.

Hey Ed. I'll drive one for you. I am going to be there without my car this year. Staying with the sister in law on the lake front next to navy pier. And I am really not as crazy a driver as has been alleged on other threads.

Bimmer Nut Ed
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Sure, I could use a driver Gayle. PM me and we can work out the details. Just have to figure out a way to pick you up near Navy Peir.

And I still have to figure out a way to get out of work in the afternoon.

Jr ///M5
04-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Ed, just have Gayle jump the "L" downtown and meet her somewhere along the line.

Getting you out of work on Saturday afternoon is easy....Scott, Brandon, Kris and I will drop by the dealership and kidnap your ass....we'll leave your boss a ransom note (the kind that is made from different cutout fonts).....

Gee, wonder what we can get for your safe return???:D

Gayle
04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Ed, just have Gayle jump the "L" downtown and meet her somewhere along the line.

Getting you out of work on Saturday afternoon is easy....Scott, Brandon, Kris and I will drop by the dealership and kidnap your ass....we'll leave your boss a ransom note (the kind that is made from different cutout fonts).....

Gee, wonder what we can get for your safe return???:D

Ed--don't you need to be there as a sponsor for your dealership? A great big sign with your dealership would look nice in a picture in Rondel magazine wouldn't it? Guys from here who participate in other boards could make sure a picture gets posted on those boards with a picture that prominently features your dealership logo--right?

A dealership was actually the location of bimmerfest a couple of years ago. Start cultivating the loyalty of people who will be buying big, new, expensive BMWs from your place in a few years.

I think we need a media event here. A reporter from the automotive section of the Chicago paper who would want to interview you. Or maybe the local news. Hmm.

If you make up some other excuse, they will see right through it. Hmmm. Eds--not here. Every e34 in the world is in town. Wonder where Ed is? Right.

Brandon J
04-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately dealerships over here don't work that way and the e34 crowd isn't a good target. I guess Ed would have to clear it with me if he wanted the dealership as a sponsor, but they won't do anything for us in the future.....Just Ed himself with his good deals and hard finds.

The friends at BMA is already sponsoring the event with some gift certificates and then the rest is out of pocket. Oh btw, the e34 event webpage is now accepting donations. Proceeds do benefit charity.

Ed--don't you need to be there as a sponsor for your dealership? A great big sign with your dealership would look nice in a picture in Rondel magazine wouldn't it? Guys from here who participate in other boards could make sure a picture gets posted on those boards with a picture that prominently features your dealership logo--right?

A dealership was actually the location of bimmerfest a couple of years ago. Start cultivating the loyalty of people who will be buying big, new, expensive BMWs from your place in a few years.

I think we need a media event here. A reporter from the automotive section of the Chicago paper who would want to interview you. Or maybe the local news. Hmm.

If you make up some other excuse, they will see right through it. Hmmm. Eds--not here. Every e34 in the world is in town. Wonder where Ed is? Right.

Gayle
04-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Unfortunately dealerships over here don't work that way and the e34 crowd isn't a good target. I guess Ed would have to clear it with me if he wanted the dealership as a sponsor, but they won't do anything for us in the future.....Just Ed himself with his good deals and hard finds.

The friends at BMA is already sponsoring the event with some gift certificates and then the rest is out of pocket. Oh btw, the e34 event webpage is now accepting donations. Proceeds do benefit charity.

Yes but publicity never hurts. This is an interesting story that people are willing to come from New York, Texas, and California due to love of these cars. And it would be nice if Ed's name worked its way into that publicity. All of the prior post is just an excuse so the dealership will let him off. It is not really for the dealership--its for Ed, because without Ed would there be a an e34 community like there is? It is not about the dealership doing something for the event, it is about the event doing something for Ed.

liquidtiger720
04-11-2006, 08:52 PM
bimmerd00d was at bimmerfest?

Gayle
04-12-2006, 04:19 AM
I believe bimmerdood the guy who flicked you off at bimmerfest, might fly in also to attend the meet.

bimmerd00d was at bimmerfest?

I had the same reaction. d00d at fest? flicked me off? If so, it went right over my head.

But that said, it would be great if d00d came to Chicago this year. Didn't he drive last year and bring barbeque?

d00d--come this year--you could join the flying contingent with me (Ed needs drivers for his stable of e34s) or you and Brodeee could caravan if you drove up.

EDIT: Oh, I get it now. Just call me clueless. And no Jeff, I was not honking. Real Californians don't honk in traffic. We just cut people off.

Post bimmerfest traffic (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20697)

Don McAdams
04-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Wish I could be there :( .... My wife's due date is "that" weekend, rats. If the meet were a month later (July 9th), we be in business because I'd be up in Milwaukee & would definitley drive down.......

Can I at least donate a gift certificate from McAdams AutoSport (beacuse I can't make it/ be there)? It's the least I could do. Ed, Gayle, Brandon please PM or e-mail me- I really want to help-

Have fun guys.....

JAlfredPrufrock
04-24-2006, 07:51 PM
This event gets bigger every year... registered as I think I'll still have my car by then. :D

Edit: Crap, don't expect me to be there, I totally forgot I'm registered for an MSF course that weekend that overlaps the meet. :(

azale
04-26-2006, 06:53 AM
My car is in decent shape but would be put to shame next to most of the cars here. Will anyone be offended if I bring it?

Also, is there a way to put the registered member addresses on Frappr to better organize caravans?

If not, is anyone other than Qube driving through near Flint or Detroit, MI?

dacoyote
04-26-2006, 08:05 AM
My car is in decent shape but would be put to shame next to most of the cars here. Will anyone be offended if I bring it?

Also, is there a way to put the registered member addresses on Frappr to better organize caravans?

I will be going through Toledo Oh.....

And don't feel bad.... my e34 isn't all that great looking either.....

Brandon J
04-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Just to clarify. Although we are showing our cars, we are celebrating the community of the BMW e34 crowd as well as the e34. If you do have an e34 then DO come. It is an event you do not want to miss. You will encounter lovely examples of e34s as well as normally used e34s. I want to stress that it isn't a come and hsow off the tricks in your ride gathering. We are much more mature than that and learning from each other is much more rewarding/beneficial for the community.

Just don't forget to register!

Gayle
04-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Brandon, is there some way for us to see a list of who is coming? Brodee, I don't see anyone from your region either. Fellow slackers, it's time to bite the bullet and register. Register (http://www.bimmer.info/~events/bmw_registration.html)

Northcentral: 32
Northeast: 9
Southeast: 0
Northwest: 0
Southwest: 0
Canada: 2
Undeclared: 2
Total = 45 e34s

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/regions.gif

Brandon J
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Gayle,

I manually input the stats. It is now done and reflects that you are flying in for hte meet. Yeah, nobody from the Southwest besides you.

Brandon, is there some way for us to see a list of who is coming? Brodee, I don't see anyone from your region either. Fellow slackers, it's time to bite the bullet and register. Register (http://www.bimmer.info/~events/bmw_registration.html)

Northcentral: 32
Northeast: 9
Canada: 2
Undeclared: 2
Total = 45 e34s

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/regions.gif

califblue
05-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Since Gayle is going to represent the Southwest more specifically Southern California!
I might have to furnish her with some blue cups for Adult Beverages:D

brodee
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Hmmm, never seen Texas as the Southeast before. I'm still hoping to make it, but not positive yet.

Gayle
05-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Hmmm, never seen Texas as the Southeast before. I'm still hoping to make it, but not positive yet.

It's like emasculating Texas to call it part of the southeast.

bimmerd00d
05-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Your favorite Texan is coming.

Qube
05-15-2006, 01:52 PM
See... now if you all come to Toronto, I can have two EXCELLENT ding repair guys at our disposal ;)

Gayle
05-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Your favorite Texan is coming.

Oh good. I will take pictures of your car this time.:)

Didn't you bring barbeque last year? Are you doing that again???

632 Regal
05-16-2006, 12:50 PM
what motel/hotels are available close to the meet?

bimmerd00d
05-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Oh good. I will take pictures of your car this time.:)

Didn't you bring barbeque last year? Are you doing that again???

no car this time, i'm arriving in the jumbo jet. no bbq last year, was going to but couldn't make it down to Austin to get it from the place. They give you containers with dry ice to keep it all cold.

http://www.airribs.com

Gayle
05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
no car this time, i'm arriving in the jumbo jet. no bbq last year, was going to but couldn't make it down to Austin to get it from the place. They give you containers with dry ice to keep it all cold.

http://www.airribs.com

Midway or OHare?

liquidtiger720
05-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Gayle....how much is your flight ticket?

I'm counting my pennies! hehe.

winfred
05-16-2006, 09:29 PM
on the 10th ill be around 400 miles away and to the east instead of 1100 miles away and to the south of ya'lls position, on the 9th somewhere between chattanooga tn and winchester va depending on the time of day and traffic :D

632 Regal
05-16-2006, 10:51 PM
you importing more Mexicans for the yard again?

on the 10th ill be around 400 miles away and to the east instead of 1100 miles away and to the south of ya'lls position, on the 9th somewhere between chattanooga tn and winchester va depending on the time of day and traffic :D

winfred
05-16-2006, 11:11 PM
taking grand ma back home to winchester and picking up my grand dads old truck (and my pool table) to build up for mom, this'll be the first long haul for the diesel

you importing more Mexicans for the yard again?

632 Regal
05-17-2006, 12:55 AM
I smell smoke already!
taking grand ma back home to winchester and picking up my grand dads old truck (and my pool table) to build up for mom, this'll be the first long haul for the diesel

Gayle
05-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Gayle....how much is your flight ticket?

I'm counting my pennies! hehe.

Mine was free. I had a frequent flyer award. I think Hubby's was under $300 round trip. It would probably be cheaper for you because SF is a major hub and SD is the cul de sac of the country.

EDIT: Just checked for you. You could book roundtrip Oakland to Midway for $300 on Southwest. You could do it for $270 roundtrip if you were willing to take a 6 am sunday flight back. If you wait to book it will go up to $420. (The cheap tickets get sold out). The cheapest roundtrip on any other airline is $408.

Hope you come. You, bimmerd00d, and I could be elite members of the flying e34s.

winfred
05-17-2006, 07:55 AM
only when i want to, got a couple *******s saturday with the bbcod (big black cloud of death) first was some putz on a bicycle hogging up my lane while i had oncomming traffic so i couldn't get over to pass and had to drop from 5th to 2nd, so in the interests of promoting good traffic flow i got back up to speed as quickly as possible, the other was the ******* that virtually lives at this one intersection looking for handouts, been there for months with the work for food sign, one day mom offered him a apple or something and he bitched at her, unfortunatly the exhaust exits on the wrong side but the breeze was with me as i loafed across the intersection and mashed it at just the right spot, grand ma laughed her ass off as the cloud enveloped him :D

I smell smoke already!

MTechnik540i
05-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Here is the site: http://www.bimmer.info/~events/ If you are planning on coming, please register so we can get a head count. Also, don't forget to organize caravans. I will try to help and show stats on # of people from each area. I am still looking into a dinner or a night at a brewery for Friday night.

So, have you guys posted this on www.m5board.com ?

Scott H
05-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Brandon and Kris do.

I have been cross posting on the yahoo M5 group though.

So, have you guys posted this on www.m5board.com ?

Bimmer Nut Ed
05-19-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm leaving Knauz at noon on June 10th, so I guarantee I will be at the picnic for the Picture! IT IS ON THE SCHEDULE

I will have at least one E34, mine, if not two more for a total of three. Gayle, if you read this, you still in to driving one as my daughter will be out of town!

Great job organizing the meet Brandon, you da man! It's going to be a riot!

billb
05-21-2006, 10:28 AM
only when i want to, got a couple *******s saturday with the bbcod (big black cloud of death) first was some putz on a bicycle hogging up my lane while i had oncomming traffic so i couldn't get over to pass and had to drop from 5th to 2nd, so in the interests of promoting good traffic flow i got back up to speed as quickly as possible, =

We try to not hog up the road, and point folks by when it's safe to pass. I haven't been bbcod'd yet, but I've had everything else hurled at me when I'm taking up the 18" required to ride...

;)

winfred
05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
i don't expect em to leap into the ditch but hanging a couple feet off the line while the bellowing monster dodge is downshifting up behind you suggests the possiblity of a towing mirror in the back of the head, i know id move, not everybody knows how big their vehicle is i need more clutch to run this much fuel :D (http://video.thedieselgarage.com/Player.aspx?fileid=EF831B4F-2A1E-497F-97CF-EABB88C667E8&p=0)

We try to not hog up the road, and point folks by when it's safe to pass. I haven't been bbcod'd yet, but I've had everything else hurled at me when I'm taking up the 18" required to ride...

;)

billb
05-21-2006, 07:42 PM
i don't expect em to leap into the ditch but hanging a couple feet off the line while the bellowing monster dodge is downshifting up behind you suggests the possiblity of a towing mirror in the back of the head, i know id move, not everybody knows how big their vehicle is

If you're ever in central North Carolina and you see my lardass pedaling around, how about trying not to take me out. I've got enough to worry about. Have you seen how thin those helmets are?

Gayle
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Here is the registration:

Northcentral: 35
Northeast: 11
Canada: 4
Undeclared: 3
Total = 53 e34s

Flying-in: 1(CA), 1(TX)

I understand not everyone is from this board, but I am getting curious who will be there. I have looked over the threads and this is the attendee list best I can determine.

Will be there
dacoyote
632 Regal
BimmerNut Ed
Jay 535i
Brandon J
Qube
Phatty's BMW
Scott H
JR///M5
Azale
Bimmerd00d
Dave Ruthkowski
Krysiom5
bulldogs shotgun
maki
Gayle

Maybe
DaCan23
Angry Pancake
Brodee
Derek A
Dave M
Schnell
E34 530
Joshua43214

If you are coming, please repost and add yourself to the attendee list. :) If you aren't coming please let us know. Don't want to be looking forward to meeting you and be disappointed. :(

SchnellE34
05-23-2006, 10:17 PM
i'm trying to work things out, still up in the air though

SchnellE34
05-25-2006, 04:55 PM
what goes up must come down...

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the event, I'm bummed out but I will make a better effort for next year.

E34 530
05-25-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm going. The link on the first page won't work for me for some reason.

Jr ///M5
05-25-2006, 06:52 PM
There's a little glitch at the moment with the page, don't worry, it will be up and running soon.

See you at the meet!

Jr

Qube
05-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Hmmmm... maybe I should get that front euro-plate that says Qube done ;)

MBXB
06-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Have a Great Meet One and All!!

Ramon

Majority
06-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Sweet... Think Ed will sticky it?

Hi there

Do you have an electronic manual for the E34?

Maj.

bimmerd00d
06-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Go-Karting was kick ass. Everyone had a total blast there. I'll post my pics from it in a photo gallery we'll set up later. Hope to see everyone at the meet tomorrow, it's currently raining, but maybe we'll catch a break in the AM.

Qube
06-10-2006, 05:30 PM
You'll need to setup a space for everyone to contribute their photos and videos :) I have over 6gb of data!

dacoyote
06-10-2006, 07:16 PM
You'll need to setup a space for everyone to contribute their photos and videos :) I have over 6gb of data!

I own mye34.org... let me know if you need access