PDA

View Full Version : runs rough

jippijak
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
same running issues i took the plat+4's out and put in oem bmw plugs from the dealership and its the same it only backfires when i acelerate from stop or if i speed up on the highway. it feels like its backfiring but if i steadily push the gas pedel its smoother. after letting it idle, i turned it off and removed the plugs and they all looked fine but the plugs for 5 and 6 were soaked in gas. why is there escess gas on the plugs could it be because the coils are not firing right or could it be the injectors not spraying right? has anyone else had these issues?
thanks in advance Jippi

dacoyote
03-06-2006, 05:22 PM
same running issues i took the plat+4's out and put in oem bmw plugs from the dealership and its the same it only backfires when i acelerate from stop or if i speed up on the highway. it feels like its backfiring but if i steadily push the gas pedel its smoother. after letting it idle, i turned it off and removed the plugs and they all looked fine but the plugs for 5 and 6 were soaked in gas. why is there escess gas on the plugs could it be because the coils are not firing right or could it be the injectors not spraying right? has anyone else had these issues?
thanks in advance Jippi

What sorta engine... please fill out your profile...

That said... was there oil in the bottom of the plug wells?

632 Regal
03-06-2006, 06:27 PM
lets see, if this was a chevy id guess you have a couple plug wires reversed, but who knows if its a Catapilar tractor it could be the leads to the injectors.

Alexlind123
03-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Maybe the BMW plugs dont fit in the caterpillar and thats why it runs roughly.